• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHOW US YOUR GOLDEN AGE CANADIAN COMICS
12 12

1,826 posts in this topic

You mean the 47-50 US reprint type books ?

Yeah, those are so cool and weird. Like when they take Junior Comics (the Al Feldstein 'Archie' type books) and turn them into 'Deena and Gwenny'.... Or they take Zoot/Rulah comics and turn them into 'Jungle Drums'....

Cool! Yeah I am not so familiar with those, but cool also (thumbs u

My grade requirements have seriously changed since I started collecting Bells lol They are so often present with rusted staples and detached covers and centerfolds due to being thick books with single staples. I now look at VGs like high grade :insane:

This Wow 14 has a missing non-story page and I find myself not even really caring

hmm, photobucket seems to be down, more later

wow14_zps3ed3ba67.jpg

Love your collection Marty (thumbs u

I also enjoy this Penguin cover/story quite a bit, Penguin climbs aboard a nazi U-Boat, throws a blanket over the periscope, and detonates a bomb which blasts apart the U-Boat, all from the comfort of his rowboat lol And this is one of those "high grade" VGs lol

wow17_zps014cdf02.jpg

Nice penguin cover here; this month Bell ran a 'how many penguins can you find' (also ran a 'how many nelvanas can you find' in Triumph) contest. Its hard to see in the pic but the owner has circled in pencil all the penguins he could find. Dingle hid some of the Penguin shapes creatively; one penguin face is the suit coat of the man being lifted overhead, others are in the speed/action lines in the background, etc.

Todd McFarlane did the same thing with hiding spiders on his covers during his ASM run, I wonder if Todd is a closet Dingle fan hmlol

wow19_zpsf97c265f.jpg

Love your collection Marty (thumbs u

I also enjoy this Penguin cover/story quite a bit, Penguin climbs aboard a nazi U-Boat, throws a blanket over the periscope, and detonates a bomb which blasts apart the U-Boat, all from the comfort of his rowboat lol And this is one of those "high grade" VGs lol

wow17_zps014cdf02.jpg

My other fav... the colouring on this cover is outstanding!!