• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK ADAM starring Dwayne Johnson (TBD)
7 7

1,456 posts in this topic

On 10/14/2022 at 7:21 AM, Bosco685 said:

Fans had to remind J.M. DeMatteis about his contributions recognized in the Black Adam credits.

So, I'm all for comics creators getting as much credit as possible with a wider audience.  But Bob Haney & Jim Aparo?  I'm struggling to think of what they've done with these characters apart from a single Hawkman appearance in Brave & Bold 139?  What about Walt Simonson & Marty Pasko, who did that memorable Dr. Fate First Issue Special story that pretty much defined the character for the 1970s?

And Ramona Fradon?  

:idea:  Unless...

Spoiler

Is Metamorpho the surprise character intro in this film?  hm

On 10/14/2022 at 9:17 AM, Zonker said:

So, I'm all for comics creators getting as much credit as possible with a wider audience.  But Bob Haney & Jim Aparo?  I'm struggling to think of what they've done with these characters apart from a single Hawkman appearance in Brave & Bold 139?  What about Walt Simonson & Marty Pasko, who did that memorable Dr. Fate First Issue Special story that pretty much defined the character for the 1970s?

And Ramona Fradon?  

:idea:  Unless...

Reveal hidden contents

Is Metamorpho the surprise character intro in this film?  hm

I believe you are on to something. Good eye. Why else would RF be included?  Unless of course it’s Brenda Starr, Reporter. 

On 10/16/2022 at 1:57 PM, eastriver400 said:

is this Mini-Hawkman? 

Yeah, the proportions look off.  Plus it is just a bad looking picture/poster.

I keep coming back to this...have Jim Lee draw the movie poster!  It would be an instant collector piece and great advertising.

***Something about this movie seems off (I can't put my finger on it)

On 10/17/2022 at 2:24 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Yeah, the proportions look off.  Plus it is just a bad looking picture/poster.

I keep coming back to this...have Jim Lee draw the movie poster!  It would be an instant collector piece and great advertising.

***Something about this movie seems off (I can't put my finger on it)

it needs ezra miller...

On 10/17/2022 at 2:34 PM, Straw-Man said:

it needs ezra miller...

Black Adam seems like a movie where it is building up The Rock brand.  I like Duane Johnson.  He seems like a genuinely good dude from all I've read about him.  I think it is the fact that he's pushing the movie as he's the savior of the DCEU...Black Adam is the new apex of power, he made Henry Cavil possible, etc.  If Black Adam does save the DCEU then all the credit goes his way.  But if it doesn't...(shrug)

Here's the defense of Ezra Miller...I really liked his introduction in the Justice League when Bruce Wayne was recruiting him.  Great scene and I really felt sorry for him when he said "I need friends"...

***He was/is a great Flash

On 10/18/2022 at 7:40 PM, Bosco685 said:

This is the part where I cry because the town I'm staying in doesn't have a cinema. I don't know when I'll get to see it. 

:cry:

I have a prescreen pass to see this tonight! I've avoided spoilers and am super excited. Lord willing I get moving to get out there as it's first come first serve kind of deal, got to hurry up and get in line lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM