• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK ADAM starring Dwayne Johnson (TBD)
7 7

1,456 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of any other major retailer stocking the t-shirts other than Hot Topic? I can't find them in Oz, and I really want the Justice Society one, and so far my choices seem to be Hot Topic aaaaaand Hot Topic. 

On 10/21/2022 at 1:19 AM, Bosco685 said:

In case anyone assumes this is 'wash-rinse-repeat' there is a spoiler floating around if you are open to those.

Hide contents

Just like Gotham or MCU characters. Just like them.

:baiting: :shiftyeyes:

The crowd sure seemed to be enjoying themselves. 

On 10/20/2022 at 11:29 AM, Cat said:

The crowd sure seemed to be enjoying themselves. 

No kidding! The credit scene gets just as big (if not larger) response.

Spoiler

I knew the critics were right! :nyah:

On 10/21/2022 at 1:39 AM, Bosco685 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Part of me thinks it'd be fun being in a cinema that nuts, part of me thinks I'd hate it. 

Closest I've come was the opening of Episode 2 Attack Of The Clones. I'd already seen the 6pm press and VIP screening, and came out just in time to meet my friends and join their place in the line for the midnight showing. There was a hell of a lot of cheering right from the start, but people stayed dead quiet for dialogue scenes, so were really respectful in that way. It was great, and such a fantastic experience, a real once in a lifetime one. 

On 10/20/2022 at 10:39 AM, Bosco685 said:

Hide contents

There were a few of those cheers at the screening lol

Thanks for posting cause I ducked out at first.sign of credits as I was hoping for t shirts, but got comics instead.

My brother stayed for the credits scene, so I picked up a couple of comics, my excuse was I'd hand him one or two. There were no tshirts :(

But the cheers... Ahem, they kept me from hearing the movie. Small complaint but still made me roll my eyes. There have been a few movies where the cheers are expected so they wait before dialog again. Again small complaint but when watching these years from now, it creates a jarring experience when watching from the de toilet 😂

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Liked it but notes there were aspects that he would have liked a better approach. Yet he is looking forward to more.

Not the disaster from them critical response, in his opinion. Including new things compared to previous DC films. 

It sounds like when they edited the R-Rated version to a PG-Rated film, they edited out JSA origin buildup scenes that may come out later with any spin-off.

But still, states you will have fun with this film unless you dislike Dwayne Johnson. CGI/Visuals are incredible. 64%/100 overall.

I wish they'd surveyed viewers after: 'Would you like to see more of the JSA YES/NO?' 

I'd love to know how they've gone across with the general audience. 

Black Adam is an action-packed crowd-pleaser, featuring Dwayne Johnson at the top of his game. With incredible visual effects and filled to the brim with DC characters and lore, Black Adam serves as a B-12 shot for the DCEU.

Directed by Jaume Collet-Serra and starring Dwayne Johnson as the titular character, Black Adam roars into the screen with a fast-paced plot and tons of action set-pieces, keeping the viewer engaged throughout. Johnson has been attached to the Black Adam role for nearly two decades, a testament to his commitment to the character through numerous studio regime changes and universe-building. His love for the DC Universe shines through the film and his passion pays off well throughout.

Ultimately, Black Adam is a movie with Dwyane Johnson front and center, and he delivers. His dedication from a physical perspective pays dividends for the character. Black Adam looks as powerful as he is because Johnson sells it with the commitment to his body. From an acting perspective, he pushed himself to the limit to get the character right. A common knock against the star is that he is unable to blend into a role. The audience simply sees The Rock instead of the character he is playing. While this aspect is still present in the film, large strides have been made from an acting perspective to give the character weight.

Ultimately, Black Adam accomplishes what it set out to do. It establishes Black Adam is a powerhouse in the DC Universe, it expands the universe to include the Justice Society, it blends in actors and characters from prior films to strengthen continuity and it has a surprise to make the fans very happy. A strong entry into the DCEU.

OVERALL: 3.5/5

This is a reviewer I align more with when gauging a comic book movie. He appreciates all CBM properties, and judges them based on their individual accomplishments.

This gives me hope!