• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK ADAM starring Dwayne Johnson (TBD)
7 7

1,456 posts in this topic

On 7/10/2022 at 8:16 AM, The Meta said:

With that logic, does Chris Evans or Robert Downey Jr have their own comics too?

Yes. Though in the case of Tony Stark/Iron Man instead of being 6'1" tall now he is 5'9" tall. But let's worry about Wolverine's height more.

:insane:

On 7/10/2022 at 9:07 AM, Bosco685 said:

Yes. Though in the case of Tony Stark/Iron Man instead of being 6'1" tall now he is 5'9" tall. But let's worry about Wolverine's height more.

:insane:

Exception being that Iron Mans height was never relevant to the character as is Wolverine. 

Being a Wolverine takes on any and all challengers, despite its small size

On 7/10/2022 at 9:18 AM, The Meta said:

Exception being that Iron Mans height was never relevant to the character as is Wolverine. 

Being a Wolverine takes on any and all challengers, despite its small size

I suppose. Or the ferocity of the character is what makes him stand out, no matter the antagonist height or power.

Give me an actor that can deliver on that intensity and intimidation. I really liked how in Days of Future Past you had a super-fit interpretation that also could go feral in a split second.

On 7/10/2022 at 9:33 AM, Bosco685 said:

I suppose. Or the ferocity of the character is what makes him stand out, no matter the antagonist height or power.

Give me an actor that can deliver on that intensity and intimidation. I really liked how in Days of Future Past you had a super-fit interpretation that also could go feral in a split second.

This is one of the best images of Wolverine ever depicted in a comic to me and I would love to own the OA for this

dj3adf9yhsq41.jpg

On 7/10/2022 at 7:14 AM, Buzzetta said:

I think that no matter who they pick for the next Wolverine there are going to be quite a few people who will 'miss' Hugh Jackman that were not originally fans of his work.

To me, Hugh Jackman was to Wolverine LONG before what RDJ has become to Iron Man and it will be a very hard role to recast. 

I fear whoever attempts either role will try too hard, especially the 'Stark' role- Like (IMO) Leto tried to top Ledger. Of course. they have to try, but sometimes the battle is already lost (again, IMO).

I see RDJ's successor facing the same obstacle, but even if they succeed in creating a 'new' character, like you say there will be camps for the former versions.