• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coverless Tec 27's for sale
2 2

212 posts in this topic

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:02 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Yeah I’ve honestly never heard anything good about All_Things_Comics.

Same here.  Guessing that's why it never sold on Ebay.  Not sure why it didn't sell on CLink.    

Edited by Chicago Boy

Anyone have any info on the Tec 27 Centerfold that was a BIN on CC ? (It's no longer there and I can't find a record of it)  I've got an ad in the WTB section if anyone has one or any leads. 

14 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Anyone have any info on the Tec 27 Centerfold that was a BIN on CC ? (It's no longer there and I can't find a record of it)  I've got an ad in the WTB section if anyone has one or any leads. 

I would contact Metro and ask them if the seller wants to sell to you directly

4 hours ago, Wayne-Tec said:

The coverless “Jerry Robinson” copy of Tec #27 was recently parted out. Page #21 sold on MCS. No centerfold to that copy.

I’m willing to pay for a slabbed non-Batman page. Shoot me a PM if anyone has any leads. :smile:

It had a centerfold when Jerry himself parted with it.   

The CF was not A Jerry Robinson Page nor the same PQ  Brittle and i think the CF was Cream to OFF Whitewith no Jerry Robinson  designation.

too bad no one has a pic:(

Most likely the CF for the Jerry Robinson has been married already and so has the other one.  

13 hours ago, Wayne-Tec said:

The coverless “Jerry Robinson” copy of Tec #27 was recently parted out. Page #21 sold on MCS. No centerfold to that copy.

I’m willing to pay for a slabbed non-Batman page. Shoot me a PM if anyone has any leads. :smile:

Yowza!!!!!

2300$!!

well the the batman pages are worth 15-20k. 20k+for that first page. Like I said that Jerry Robinson went for cheap at the 2017 november. easily A 50-60k book. 

Good news for Corey and his File Copy!!

2300$  for a non batman july 2018

2000$ for a non superman  feb 2018

superman vs batman! batman wins the page market lol

4 hours ago, zen514 said:

superman vs batman! batman wins the page market lol

Until the Action 1 page 1 ( origin page ) sells next month on CC :popcorn:   Personally , I think the Bats page 2 is better than the bats page 1. The disparity between the Bats and Supes pages might just be that you don’t see Bats pages for sale ( at least publically ) 

Edited by Chicago Boy

31 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Until the Action 1 page 1 ( origin page ) sells next month on CC :popcorn:   Personally , I think the Bats page 3 is better than the bats page 1. The disparity between the Bats and Supes pages might just be that you don’t see Bats pages for sale ( at least publically ) 

Yes. Indeed... The Action 1 Page 1  has the Origin, Ma and Pa Kent, Superman as a Baby, Superman in costume. Superman in Action. Also the first page that started the Super Heroes!

The page 1 of Tec 27 has Bruce Wayne, Commissioner Gordon, First page of tec 27.

Batman doesnt really appear until page 2.

F622E77A-B6F8-4F89-98BE-DC38D70CC11E.jpeg

20A474E7-B1A0-4D8D-A9A8-E953FF8660A8.jpeg

90179384-185D-4472-939E-A9F5A8D9A36A.jpeg

469D088C-CA7F-459A-9A5A-A9AD6836F8A1.jpeg

29 minutes ago, zen514 said:

Yes. Indeed... The Action 1 Page 1  has the Origin, Ma and Pa Kent, Superman as a Baby, Superman in costume. Superman in Action. Also the first page that started the Super Heroes!

The page 1 of Tec 27 has Bruce Wayne, Commissioner Gordon, First page of tec 27.

Batman doesnt really appear until page 2.

F622E77A-B6F8-4F89-98BE-DC38D70CC11E.jpeg

20A474E7-B1A0-4D8D-A9A8-E953FF8660A8.jpeg

90179384-185D-4472-939E-A9F5A8D9A36A.jpeg

469D088C-CA7F-459A-9A5A-A9AD6836F8A1.jpeg

His “shadowy figure” appears on page 1 :baiting:

the banner headline is great though :headbang:

1 hour ago, Qua-Brot said:

But that second page of Tec 27 is much more dramatic and full of action.

IMG_20180525_083205366_LL.jpg

Yes! Page 2 is more exciting and we actually see him. Also as you said full on action.

Page 3 is no slouch. 

I included pics of both sides for both.

The more I look at Action 1 page 1 has it all and would win in a battle against all 3 pages 1 on 1.

I think the non superman and non batman pages are however equal. The 2300$ sale vs 2000$ could just be the Jerry Robinson copy designatio that added the 300$ more.

65234DD3-2F5C-42E8-95C2-F9F661F03AB2.jpeg

62F5F345-1BA2-45F9-95C4-8ED8331C5812.jpeg

6D7E13E1-B0FA-4BDB-AA4E-B1BF71A73D8E.jpeg

03082DFC-3B0F-463D-BBCE-CFC0940A9B2B.jpeg

I think the Bat pages are more "fun" sans the Action page 1 and Action page 5. .  The thing that's great about the Action 1 page 1 is that it is like a comic unto itself on that first side.   It has a beginning, middle, and end,  Panels are just perfect too.  Oh, no ma and pa kent btw on there--that really didn't come around until the REPRINT in Supes 1 but we do get Clark Kent:foryou:

5 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

I think the Bat pages are more "fun" sans the Action page 1 and Action page 5. .  The thing that's great about the Action 1 page 1 is that it is like a comic unto itself on that first side.   It has a beginning, middle, and end,  Panels are just perfect too.  Oh, no ma and pa kent btw on there--that really didn't come around until the REPRINT in Supes 1 but we do get Clark Kent:foryou:

Thanks! I though the baby and the old parents were Ma and Pa Kent?

Well said if TEC 27 had a Action 1 page Page 5 cover swipe... That would be  the ideal. The action scenes are more fun indeed??

Yes!! Action 1 Page 1 Is indeed like a comic into itself. Perhaps since it was meant to be in a newspaper? Then they added a story? 

12 hours ago, zen514 said:

The CF was not A Jerry Robinson Page nor the same PQ  Brittle and i think the CF was Cream to OFF Whitewith no Jerry Robinson  designation.

too bad no one has a pic:(

Most likely the CF for the Jerry Robinson has been married already and so has the other one.  

Having once owned the Robinson copy I can assure you the CF was not married from some other copy.   It wasn't called brittle simply because the brittleness was confined to the outer pages which had received more exposure, natch.