• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coverless Tec 27's for sale
2 2

212 posts in this topic

On 11/13/2017 at 2:39 PM, Sqeggs said:

I hate being mislwaded! 

I did not want to dump on the listing but I shake my head every time I see a label that says "classic cover" when the cover is missing or "first appearance of..." when the pages with the first appearance are not in the slab.

That said, if anyone bidding that kind of money doesn't think to ask, or to calculate, what is actually in the slab, then who am I to dissuade them?

14 minutes ago, bluechip said:

I did not want to dump on the listing but I shake my head every time I see a label that says "classic cover" when the cover is missing or "first appearance of..." when the pages with the first appearance are not in the slab.

That said, if anyone bidding that kind of money doesn't think to ask, or to calculate, what is actually in the slab, then who am I to dissuade them?

I would hope, and imagine, that any serious bidders on that copy 1) read the label and 2) understood it was missing all of the Batman pages.

52 minutes ago, bluechip said:

I agree, but feel label consistency should be maintained as much as possible.  Even without missing contents the "classic cover" seems to change all the time. 

2 hours ago, Wayne-Tec said:

I would hope, and imagine, that any serious bidders on that copy 1) read the label and 2) understood it was missing all of the Batman pages.

To you it may seem obvious with your experience. also a centerfold ... there are new peiple wntering and some have monies that you would not even imagine having. If you put a bid for 20$ and for the other bidder its like 20000$ is nothing to them. They dont read or really understand why. 20k for some people is nothing.

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 6:52 PM, zen514 said:

Take it for 61k lol

:whatthe: what an offer. I think that is a nice copy and you are a serious buyer that does( know what he wants good for you) (thumbsu

Edited by woowoo

1 hour ago, Wayne-Tec said:

The Heritage copy is at 20K with just over 15 hours left.

I would be stunned if it sells for under 30K.

Closing in the 40K range sounds about right.

Same.  If it doesn't get close to $50k (or at least $40k) i'm going to feel really dumb regarding some of the offers I turned down last year :(  We'll find out in less than 24 hours!  I'll be surprised if it can't double the copy missing the cover, back cover, c/f and entire batman story, but who knows!  

Holden, usually i'm rooting for you but in this case I'm really hoping your max bid comes nowhere close :)   

if any board member wins, send me a PM, this copy has a really interesting history/story/pedigree to it.  

Edited by Filter81