• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coverless Tec 27's for sale
2 2

212 posts in this topic

I'm not sure of CGCs definition of brittle, but the interior pages feel supple to me. First wrap you can see is pretty well used and  has some pieces hanging off or gone. Then again, to me brittle means it won't bend and if bent too far the paper will snap or crack. That is not the case here. That's why I show a picture of some interior pages so you can see what the entire book looks like.

8 hours ago, Qua-Brot said:

I'm not sure of CGCs definition of brittle, but the interior pages feel supple to me. First wrap you can see is pretty well used and  has some pieces hanging off or gone. Then again, to me brittle means it won't bend and if bent too far the paper will snap or crack. That is not the case here. That's why I show a picture of some interior pages so you can see what the entire book looks like.

If the pages are not snapping off or cracking when you turn the pages and if the edges, corners, etc are fine like that as well, than yes the book is not brittle. There is also slightly brittle where a part of the book has some brittleness, could possibly be as small as an edge of a spine or a corner of a page.  I have a book graded by CGC with slightly brittle pages and I wasn't sure where the brittleness was on the book because I was able to flip it with no problems raw.  

But to answer your question on an estimated value, based on the pictures and how to book looks pretty beat up and missing the centerfold it seems, I'd say around $25k-$30k

Dark Knight,

Thanks for the response. 

I'm curious about the valuation - specifically in relation to the recent sale referenced in this thread of the copy sold on Heritage. That one had great page quality, but was trimmed, pages separated, and binder holes and, if I recall, also was missing the center pages. The one I posted is attached except for first wrap but with poorer page quality. Why is the Heritage one worth so much more? I'm not trying to be facetious, I'm genuinely curious.

Thanks again.

7 hours ago, quicksilver said:

I would say around $40 - $50k in today's market considering recent sales.

The Jerry Robinson Copy missing the CF  signed and that presented better no tears or chunk off the cover sold for 34.5k

The DC file copy sold for 41k missing CF badly trimmed and spiral bound. 

Both those copies are Special and get a bump like the Mile High pedigree, etc.

Dark Knight whos has a great wealth of Knowledge said 25-30k

Also. Multiple copies of coverless have hit the market!! thered a missing CF copy in the next august auction

I perfctly presenting non pedigree complete with CF would Sell for 50-60k

However. Longterm a grear stable longterm investment that you can enjoy!

First apperance of Batman!

A complete coverless copy with no issues to the pages such as any brittleness, pieces missing, tape, etc will command fairly high in my opinion though. With the huge popularity of Batman and more movies in the works, etc etc I can see $100k in the near future.

8 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

A complete coverless copy with no issues to the pages such as any brittleness, pieces missing, tape, etc will command fairly high in my opinion though. With the huge popularity of Batman and more movies in the works, etc etc I can see $100k in the near future.

I completly agree. When a superb copy no missing pieces or page,  tape, rusty staples, resto, everything attached.... It would be a 100k copy in a not too distant future.

8 hours ago, Qua-Brot said:

Spoke to an auctioneer in the business and he said he has a buyer for coverless with center page in the $75K+ range, so nice complete copy, everything attached, nice page quality . . . in the neighborhood of $100K maybe in present market

This basically validates what I've said

14 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Do you have a link by chance? All I can find is a restored 7.5.

Its not up yet. It was shown to me when I visited there office. 

It is the previous comiclink  one that was also on ebay for 35k with no takers.

2 minutes ago, zen514 said:

Its not up yet. It was shown to me when I visited there office. 

It is the previous comiclink  one that was also on ebay for 35k with no takers.

Yeah, owner kept upping the price  I think as high as 45k and then tried to bundle it with a Tec 38.  I was surprised it didn't go at 36, 500 for the longest time.  Has a lot of tape.  Mold and no staples.  couple of pieces missing from front page if I remember correctly

5 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Yeah, owner kept upping the price  I think as high as 45k and then tried to bundle it with a Tec 38.  I was surprised it didn't go at 36, 500 for the longest time.  Has a lot of tape.  Mold and no staples.  couple of pieces missing from front page if I remember correctly

this is the only Tec 27 and 38 bundle I remember

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Detective-Comics-27-and-38-Vol-1-CBCS-0-1-and-2-0-1st-App-of-Batman-and-Robin-/253269935374?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D49476%26meid%3D81e317e4bbf9494699fcaca904629936%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D201678097640&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=jCaCPSHktdxTcNPcczoJfnVK9w0%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

The brittle pages, multiple tape pieces, rusty staples, missing pieces here and there.. I wouldn't be surprised if it underwhelms in auction. Also sellers reputation is not a good one either if it is still him who owns it.

31 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

The brittle pages, multiple tape pieces, rusty staples, missing pieces here and there.. I wouldn't be surprised if it underwhelms in auction. Also sellers reputation is not a good one either if it is still him who owns it.

Yeah I’ve honestly never heard anything good about All_Things_Comics.

Edited by LDarkseid1