• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

REMOVED - posting guidelines - Because of the Negativity on THIS Forum, I am expected to...
3 3

370 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

I just want to know what "most CGCers can't wipe my shoes" means.

I am behind on my street lingo. 

3 minutes ago, Mackenzie999 said:

I think he's just being literal. 

"Most CGCers can't reach their shoes" might have been more accurate, but Comix4fun digresses. 

5 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

Most people don't really "wipe" Velcro sneakers down, but sure.

Except for those street hustlers in New Orleans that ask "I bet you $20 I can tell you where you got your shoes" as soon as you give in and ask and no sooner do they respond with "you 'got' them on your feet!" do they bend down and start rubbing leather treatment on whatever you happen to have on your feet at the time which, in my case, was cloth and faux leather velcro sneakers and asking for $15 for the shoe shine. My sox were soaked in the stuff.  I gave him a couple of bucks for the laugh it gave me.  Though, true, they aren't most people.

12 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

Instant response, "okay, I will cancel the transaction". Then BAM, no need for a CG thread.

Very true, but I like the shenanigans that come with these type of threads. 

1 hour ago, TheFifthHorseman said:

The fees are God awful

Yes, they are. 

I don't see how ANYONE can really turn a good profit anymore. The fees are so high that you have to jack up the price just to break even. Any profit margin on comics is usually eaten up by eBay, PayPal, and shipping fees. It's depressing. 

1 minute ago, newshane said:
1 hour ago, TheFifthHorseman said:

The fees are God awful

Yes, they are. 

I don't see how ANYONE can really turn a good profit anymore. The fees are so high that you have to jack up the price just to break even. Any profit margin on comics is usually eaten up by eBay, PayPal, and shipping fees. It's depressing. 

That's why you can usually go to larger dealers' websites and get a better price.  A lot of those "auctions" are listed twice on GPA - once on eBay and once in their own website, at a 10-15% discount.

Just now, lizards2 said:

That's why you can usually go to larger dealers' websites and get a better price.  A lot of those "auctions" are listed twice on GPA - once on eBay and once in their own website, at a 10-15% discount.

Yep. Fortunately I discovered this a while ago. The differences in price are very significant. 

I can appreciate Cal's frustration here-- it seems like eBay is getting more and more inane bidders-- to the point that we now look to other online sources to sell items.  We still use eBay, but our annual sales are about 1/10th what they used to be (by our choice).

I do handle it a bit differently; someone wants to cancel a bid, I cancel it and block them as a buyer and move on.  End of story.   No one gets back on the buy list once blocked.
I recently got a message from a guy who said I missed out on a bigger sale because when he went to bid he discovered he was blocked.  I told him it was no loss because we only block non-payers or people who don't honor their bids so the hassle of dealing with an insufficiently_thoughtful_person wasn't worth the extra sale money no matter how much it was.

NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT WAS.  << I'm not kidding here.

I will also block buyers that retract a bid-- we absolutely don't shill our auctions, in fact we start every auction (even a Hulk #2) at $10 or under with NO RESERVE and we let the market decide the value of the item.  If we take a loss so be it.  But when someone bids and retracts it makes us look like we're doing some shilling and that hurts our reputation.

As for buying...

I use a proxy bid service which means sometimes I throw a bid on something 7 or 10 days out and forget about it-- then I get the notice that I won and I'm like "oh, right...." and I've either lost interest or just changed my mind.  Not once have I not honored the bid.  I'm a grown up, don't live in my mom's basement and I can not only touch my toes I can see them.  So I pay for the item and move on.

I don't care what your excuse is for not wanting to buy something you've agreed to buy-- and we all get that "a bid is a binding promise to buy" note when we put that bid in.  If you bid for it and win you should pay for it.

12 minutes ago, newshane said:

Yes, they are. 

I can make a little bit on ebay - has to be a hot item though. It's almost like you have to be ahead of the curve.

Works both ways - as a buyer I get hella deals on ebay auctions

56 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

My Ebay stance is this:

Buyer: "I would like to cancel this transaction"

Me: Okay.

I don't ask why, it isn't my business. Part of being a business person is realizing that sometimes people do not complete transactions and you just move on with life. Energy spent arguing and then BLASTING on a public form just makes you look (if even possible) worse.

EXCEPT when the lame excuse to mistreat a Seller is from the NEGATIVITY harvested HERE on this Forum...

CAL who LOVES to clear the air decisively...

1 minute ago, Calamerica said:
58 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

My Ebay stance is this:

Buyer: "I would like to cancel this transaction"

Me: Okay.

I don't ask why, it isn't my business. Part of being a business person is realizing that sometimes people do not complete transactions and you just move on with life. Energy spent arguing and then BLASTING on a public form just makes you look (if even possible) worse.

EXCEPT when the lame excuse to mistreat a Seller is from the NEGATIVITY harvested HERE on this Forum...

CAL who LOVES to clear the air decisively...

And yet, you continue to continually foul it!  yayclouds.gif

42 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Oak- Who hates it when shoes can't be wiped by a lesser person, because they are Velcro. 

By the way, Oak - you HAVE bought from me in the past. You can deny it now and the public won't care but the TRUTH cares...