• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney/Fox Talks
3 3

731 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Wall-Crawler said:

As all hope seems lost, suddenly, you hear "It's Clobbering Time" and a rocky man mountain falls from the sky and clobbers Thanos or one of his kids/minions.  Right behind him, the Human Torch streaks into view as do Reed and Sue in a Fantasticar and the battle is joined.  

And in this scene Johnny is once again portrayed by Chris Evans, Captain America walks up to him, looks him up and down, and asks him "Who the hell are YOU?!?!"  :ohnoez:

4 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

And in this scene Johnny is once again portrayed by Chris Evans, Captain America walks up to him, looks him up and down, and asks him "Who the hell are YOU?!?!"  :ohnoez:

Could work...Could have Winter Soldier assume mantle of Cap if Steve dies in Part One and Evans becomes Torch for new Marvel franchise lol

10 minutes ago, Juno Beach said:

Somebody actually said they would rather have bad movies than Disney???? Insert "mind blown" gif here.

Are any Disney superhero movies memorable? There are no stakes or drama, you KNOW the hero will prevail and be back for a sequel. Spoiler alert: the Avengers will beat Thanos with minimal casualties. They’re great popcorn fare and a good way to get out but  not sure any would be in my top 20 of great movies. Recently, Fox with Deadpool and Logan are the ones that stand out imo.

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX Canceled? Here Are All The Possible Ramifications Of The Fox/Disney Deal

Avengers 4 Gets A Rewrite

When Marvel Studios realised they could bring Spider-Man into Captain America: Civil War, the movie underwent last-minute rewrites to bring the wall-crawler into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Avengers 4 is currently well into shooting so we can forget about too many alterations being made but don't be surprised if there's some sort of mention of the mutant gene thrown into the mix.

A Lot Of Cancelled Movies

There are a lot of casualties of this deal and some fans will probably be upset by that while others may be relieved. As we've mentioned, there's no way X-Men: Dark Phoenix is getting a sequel, while that Logan spinoff revolving around X-23 is now as good as dead. The same goes for X-Force - for now, at least - and Deadpool 3 has probably been put on ice for the time being as well. 

More MCU Movies Get Delayed

When Marvel Studios made a deal with Sony Pictures to bring Spider-Man into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, a couple of big upcoming releases got delayed to make room for the wall-crawler. Now that Kevin Feige has so many new franchises and characters to play with, we can probably expect to see some MCU stalwarts get the short end of the stick to make room for the X-Men! 

Ryan Reynolds Walks Away From Deadpool

It's interesting that the press release announcing the Fox deal mentioned Deadpool separately from the X-Men but that's no doubt a result of the character finding so much success on his own. Now that it's been confirmed that the Merc with the Mouth is coming to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, it's possible the studio will want to move the character into a PG-13 setting and that could prove to be problematic for Ryan Reynolds as the actor has had a lot of creative control with the franchise so far.

Doctor Doom Becomes The MCU's New Big Bad

There have been conflicting reports about whether the Fantastic Four would be bundled with the X-Men but today's press release confirmed that. Whether or not the team will get a movie of their own in the near future remains to be seen but Kevin Feige is no doubt going to be quick in utilising characters like the Silver Surfer and Galactus (he once offered Fox the chance to keep Daredevil in return for being able to use those two in the Marvel Cinematic Universe). Regardless of what becomes of Reed Richard and company, though, I think it's fair to say that Doctor Doom has all the makings of a new big bad after Thanos.

The Emergence Of The Mutant Gene Starts Sooner Than We Think

There may not have been a mention of the X-Men or mutants in the Marvel Cinematic Universe before now but it won't be hard for that to change. Spider-Man: Homecoming 2 would be the perfect place for a couple of the youngster's classmates to be exposed as mutants while there are plenty of bad guys in his rogues gallery who could have their origin stories tweaked somewhat. Rather controversially, Marvel could even make Spider-Man a mutant, revealing that the gene lay dormant in him before he was bitten by that radioactive spider and granted spectacular abilities. 

The X-Men Never Get To Reach The Millennium

Ever since X-Men: First Class was released, the franchise has jumped ahead a decade with each subsequent instalment. Well, there's no way a sequel to X-Men: Dark Phoenix is ever being made now so that means we can forget about seeing the current iteration of this team in the 2000s. Is that a big deal? Not really but it obviously means that a lot of stories in the X-Men Universe will never be told.

X-Men: Dark Phoenix = Cancelled

X-Men: Dark Phoenix finished shooting not too long ago and while the movie was recently the subject of an Entertainment Weekly cover story, it's entirely possible Disney will just scrap it and that it will never see the light of day. That may seem like a tremendous waste of money but the post-production process has only just started and the studio might be happier doing that than releasing a subpar Simon Kinberg X-Men movie which sours fans on the characters before they enter the MCU.

I would hate to see the Deadpool prediction to come true.

13 minutes ago, Quicksilver Signs said:

Are any Disney superhero movies memorable? There are no stakes or drama, you KNOW the hero will prevail and be back for a sequel. Spoiler alert: the Avengers will beat Thanos with minimal casualties. They’re great popcorn fare and a good way to get out but  not sure any would be in my top 20 of great movies. Recently, Fox with Deadpool and Logan are the ones that stand out imo.

Yes. 

So you too would rather bad movies to Disney movies?

57 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

X-Men: Dark Phoenix = Cancelled

X-Men: Dark Phoenix finished shooting not too long ago and while the movie was recently the subject of an Entertainment Weekly cover story, it's entirely possible Disney will just scrap it and that it will never see the light of day. That may seem like a tremendous waste of money but the post-production process has only just started and the studio might be happier doing that than releasing a subpar Simon Kinberg X-Men movie which sours fans on the characters before they enter the MCU.

I really hope this happens as I had earlier stated in the Dark Phoenix thread.  A Kinberg Fox movie has no business being made.  Save the stories for later when Marvel can do it justice.

41 minutes ago, Quicksilver Signs said:

You would rather leave Fantastic Four in the hands of Fox?  I will take good (but not great) over garbage everyday.

1 hour ago, zosocane said:

You would rather leave Fantastic Four in the hands of Fox?  I will take good (but not great) over garbage everyday.

No I never said that, it really makes no difference to me. If Disney does an FF movie it will just be another super hero movie in a never-ending line, probably entertaining but forgettable  

I wouldn’t call Logan and Deadpool garbage though, pretty entertaining. 

There is no way X-Men: Dark Phoenix . Doesn't get released. It's a big budget film they have already sunk a lot of money into and finished filming. They will have already signed contracts for all the post production work. Maybe even for advertising. Furthermore the deal still requires shareholder and regulatory approval which takes months, if not years if challenged so for the time being it will be business as usual.

It would have to be all kinds of awful for Disney and Fox to take a $200m+ hit and scrap the movie at this point.

Regarding Spider-Man in 'Civil War', the directors (Russo brothers) have said they had known they could probably use Spider-Man from almost the beginning.  I think the same thing will happen with Avengers 4 -- knowing the Fox acquisition was likely coming, the directors probably have some massive reality-shifting stuff at work in these next two Avengers films, probably involving how time is understood and manipulated, and the FF will be introduced in the 2nd one somehow.  I also think Kang will be the next big bad as they layer these universes together, followed by Doctor Doom and Galactus.

Dan

Wouldn't it be the ultimate if everyone was defeated by Thanos, then the Blackbird and Fantasticar and Surfer showed up... dwarfed by Galactus coming behind them? 

Honestly, if I saw that I could drop dead and be happy. 

Edited by Chip Cataldo