• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sony's MORBIUS THE LIVING VAMPIRE starring Jared Leto (2022)
4 4

541 posts in this topic

On 4/6/2022 at 9:15 PM, Axelrod said:

This movie was interesting to me.  It was not terrible.  In fact, it mostly managed to avoid the kind of huge gaping plot holes that plague most comic book movies (and lets face it, most movies period).  And the acting and effects were above-average-to-good.  Jared Leto can be very hit or miss for me, but he was fine in this.  

But.  

It was soooooo...flat?  There was an origin story here, and the frame of a very standard superhero movie built up around it, and then everything that might have made it interesting or clever, or just different in some way was left out, and we were left with this kind of empty shell of a movie that went from plot point A to B to C to get to the pre-determined end, with zero surprises or deviation along the way.  Like a fill-in-the-blank superhero movie.

Maybe it wouldn't have seemed that way to someone who hasn't seen as many movies as I have, but for me, it was like, comical, how predictable it was.   

Did blade made a little appearance?

Sony’s Morbius booked at 4,268 theaters is out of blood in weekend 2 with $9M-$9.3M in 2nd, -76% on the high end, for a running total of $56.1M.   :roflmao:

Put a stake in it! Forget about matching the bomb Daredevil's 2003 total ($103 million) or half the total of Into the Spider-Verse ($190 million); this dud might not even hit $75 million.

Edited by paperheart

where's the bizarro accountant to explain how this one is a success? :roflmao:#aquamanunprofitable

After grossing just 2.9M at domestic #BoxOffice in its 2nd FRI, dropping harsh -83% from last FRI opening day, #Morbius reached a 49.7M cume in the US. The film starring #JaredLeto is eyeing a 8.5M-10.5M 2nd 3-day weekend, 73%-78% drop. Even #DarkPhoenix & #BvS had better holds

On 4/5/2022 at 8:20 AM, Sauce Dog said:

Morbius would need to have his own themed bat-creditcard in order to compete (or at the very least twice as many nipples)

Can someone please explain to me why the men had Bat-Nipples but women/Alicia Silverstone didn't? The movie had plenty of issues but this was just so glaringly obvious. To this day I still don't get it.

On 4/9/2022 at 12:34 PM, Kramerica said:

Can someone please explain to me why the men had Bat-Nipples but women/Alicia Silverstone didn't? The movie had plenty of issues but this was just so glaringly obvious. To this day I still don't get it.

Production was given photos of Greek statues and of the human anatomy, as Schumacher wanted an anatomically correct suit. When the suits were made, the nipples were already on them all and Joel thought that it looked cool, so they ran with it - however they were never kept for Silverstone's due to what we can assume is how uppity America and the movie ratings folk seem to get over the slightest acknowledgement of female nudity or sexuality.

On 4/9/2022 at 10:10 AM, Sauce Dog said:

Production was given photos of Greek statues and of the human anatomy, as Schumacher wanted an anatomically correct suit. When the suits were made, the nipples were already on them all and Joel thought that it looked cool, so they ran with it - however they were never kept for Silverstone's due to what we can assume is how uppity America and the movie ratings folk seem to get over the slightest acknowledgement of female nudity or sexuality.

That's total BS.The boys get to keep the nipples but women have to give theirs up. There's no justice in the movie industry. Discrimination at its finest.

On 4/9/2022 at 1:27 PM, Kramerica said:

That's total BS.The boys get to keep the nipples but women have to give theirs up. There's no justice in the movie industry. Discrimination at its finest.

A tale as old as America. Man nips aplenty, but the moment you let the exact same looking nip slip on a woman then the bibles come out and the screaming about protecting the children intensifies (as seen in such classics as, 'Janet Jackson half time show' and 'every single Instagram/Facebook post...even if it's really a man nipple trolling people')

On 4/9/2022 at 10:35 AM, Sauce Dog said:

A tale as old as America. Man nips aplenty, but the moment you let the exact same looking nip slip on a woman then the bibles come out and the screaming about protecting the children intensifies (as seen in such classics as, 'Janet Jackson half time show' and 'every single Instagram/Facebook post...even if it's really a man nipple trolling people')

I weep for the future.

On 4/10/2022 at 5:48 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I'm still holding out hope that Sony will build a successful Spider-Man universe.  But Kraven and Madame Web need to do better than this.

***Venom 2, Morbius...:pullhair:

Something must of worked because until Spider-Man: No Way Home no straight MCU films (non-Sony) topped it. And that includes Black Widow with $120M in Premium Access revenue. I think people just like seeing Spider-Man related content.

Marvel_BO220410.thumb.PNG.03b2546c20e39671091ec3dce9e5a673.PNG

Mobius sounds like the creatives allowed themselves to over-simplify the story where there was nothing groundbreaking.

So... just trying to keep up with the ever shifting narratives here and there ...

The ("Still Less Than 2016 Suicide Squad With No China") Batman was "raking it in" at 400MM box office (2x production), but morbius is DOA in its second weekend at 1.68X (just 24MM short of 2x)?  (shrug)

-J.

:roflmao:

this flop is going to make Birds of Prey look like a box office smash

MV5BMzQ3NTQxMjItODBjYi00YzUzLWE1NzQtZTBl

Birds of Prey

Domestic (41.7%)
$84,158,461

image.thumb.png.1a1509315ceec3435d21ddd4c3e982c0.png

Morbius (2022)

Domestic (45.2%)
$57,077,221
International (54.8%)
$69,300,000
Worldwide
$126,377,221

image.thumb.png.5295a4bb421644940828b5345dd5b2bf.png

image.png

Edited by paperheart

On 4/10/2022 at 8:05 PM, Jaydogrules said:

So... just trying to keep up with the ever shifting narratives here and there ...

The ("Still Less Than 2016 Suicide Squad With No China") Batman was "raking it in" at 400MM box office (2x production), but morbius is DOA in its second weekend at 1.68X (just 24MM short of 2x)?  (shrug)

-J.

Just trying to keep up with your ever-shifting made-up Hollywood accounting practices.

The Batman is at 3.6x production budget. Morbius for now is at 1.7x. How do those two align?