• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sony's MORBIUS THE LIVING VAMPIRE starring Jared Leto (2022)
4 4

541 posts in this topic

On 5/8/2022 at 2:30 PM, paperheart said:

'non-success' :roflmao:

image.thumb.png.c4544452fdd17e9bcb7cc562cdc8432f.png

Rocket explodes and plummets to ground just seconds after lift off in Japan  | The Independent | The Independent

Wow...I honestly thought that, even with Dr. Strange, this would be its last $1 million weekend.

Not. Even. Close.

On 5/8/2022 at 1:30 PM, paperheart said:

'non-success' :roflmao:

image.thumb.png.c4544452fdd17e9bcb7cc562cdc8432f.png

Rocket explodes and plummets to ground just seconds after lift off in Japan  | The Independent | The Independent

"I don't fail. I succeed at finding what doesn't work." -Christopher Titus

On 5/20/2022 at 6:32 AM, The Meta said:

If you know you failed and basically wasted your money, why wouldn't you try to minimize it by not spending it to making disks 

Think of it this way:

30 years from now the DVD could be a super rare collectible, garnering $10s of dollars from auction houses like Heritage.

On 5/20/2022 at 5:09 AM, Gatsby77 said:

Think of it this way:

30 years from now the DVD could be a super rare collectible, garnering $10s of dollars from auction houses like Heritage.

Or as an emergency coaster at a cocktail party

So I finally was able to stream this last night.

For all the celebration this was a dumpster fire, it actually wasn't. If anything, it is an average horror movie that missed the boat until the second credit scene to remind viewers this is a Spider-Man character. That's what is most disappointing. It would have been too easy to drive that point home.

But as a vampire vs. vampire story, it is okay. Not great for me. And finally linking it to the events of Spider-Man: No Way Home should have been a much bigger influence than a credits scene.

On 6/4/2022 at 3:46 PM, Sauce Dog said:

It brought in an average of $82 per theatre for this latest re-release (but that is obviously not in $USD but rather $MORBucks, each dollar of which is worth $1,000 against the US currency)

What happened is hardcore fans of the MCU organized by social media influencer Daniel RPK pulled together a campaign to fool Sony Studios into believing they were excited to see it again. Which is a really crappy move as what it tells studios going forward to largely question any calls for action from that medium. And now some of the folks involved are celebrating what they did.

Morbius wasn't something I would call a very good movie because they totally ignored Spider-Man through much of the film. But it also wasn't something considered complete trash that folks then fooled a studio into their fandom for its films.