• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Comics #1 Club
1 1

162 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

:applause:congrats on pretty much nailing it.  I thought it was a strong price

:) $10k+ more than the 3.0 blurry copy from last year, so seems like a good price considering the eye appeal. I'm wondering how much the notes about the interior affected the final price...? 

1 hour ago, Silver Surfer said:

Ben what do you think the Cage October [CGC 5.0] copy would go for today. Is it still not the highest graded blue label copy? I believe it sold for only $80k many moons ago?

Much more than whatever the 6.0 Twilight copy sells for in a week. I’d guess $250k+ on a 5.0 Cage OCT copy.  

7 minutes ago, Primetime said:

Much more than whatever the 6.0 Twilight copy sells for in a week. I’d guess $250k+ on a 5.0 Cage OCT copy.  

It wouldn't surprise me to see it go even higher ........... the market is considerably better educated than it was then.... or so it seems to me. A historical rarity like that ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

1 hour ago, jimjum12 said:

........... the market is considerably better educated than it was then.... or so it seems to me.

Can you really make that statement having met some of the folks around here?

46 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

If you had it reslabed as the Bedrock City copy and put it in the CGC signature series with a nice big metallic silver pen autograph by Richard Evans defacing it’s cover forever I’m sure we’d be seeing 250k+ on this book already....

Edited by N e r V

2 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

It wouldn't surprise me to see it go even higher ........... the market is considerably better educated than it was then.... or so it seems to me. A historical rarity like that ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Yeah, probably higher than $250k+ with all due respect to Bedrock’s amazing 6.0 copy. 

I am sure the Twilight is not going to disagree with anyone's guesstimates of dollar value, only of education level.

1 hour ago, N e r V said:
2 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

If you had it reslabed as the Bedrock City copy and put it in the CGC signature series with a nice big metallic silver pen autograph by Richard Evans defacing it’s cover forever I’m sure we’d be seeing 250k+ on this book already....

I should have gotten Stan Lee to scribble a sketch on there somewhere. doh!

On 11/19/2017 at 9:46 PM, Wayne-Tec said:

What are your predictions for the 6.0 Twilight copy?

LINK

Marvel.jpg

This bad boy is going to be closing in just under an hour and a half (11:50 PM EST).

How is it that one of the biggest books in the auction is set to close at such a rough hour for bidding?

If someone wins this for under 200K, they are going to have one heckuva steal on their hands.