• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Comics #1 Club
1 1

162 posts in this topic

If the 2.5 with poor registration hit 87K, this was an absolute steal. It's a price that may seem "high" in comparison to some people's estimates, but IMO, this book has some of the most untapped potential in the GA market. The 6.0 was a sweet copy too. I could see it selling for a lot more in the future.

7 minutes ago, Wayne-Tec said:

If the 2.5 with poor registration hit 87K, this was an absolute steal. It's a price that may seem "high" in comparison to some people's estimates, but IMO, this book has some of the most untapped potential in the GA market. The 6.0 was a sweet copy too. I could see it selling for a lot more in the future.

actually, it was the 3.0 on HA (NOV 2016) with poor registration that went for $77k. The 2.5 (better registration) went for $87k days ago....

Edited by Primetime

On 12/8/2017 at 12:06 AM, Wayne-Tec said:

And $215,000 for the win.

Congratualtions to both Richard and the new owner!

Honestly, if that ratty Cap 1 1.5 is a $71K book how is a (tough ped) Marvel 1 6.0 only a $215K book?  

I'm asking and I want answers! :taptaptap:

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Honestly, if that ratty Cap 1 1.5 is a $71K book how is a (tough ped) Marvel 1 6.0 only a $215K book?  

I'm asking and I want answers! :taptaptap:

Cap #1 has finally received it's well-deserved bump in interest, receiving the "grail-level" treatment.

Marvel #1 is coming back, but it's not there yet. Someone got a great deal on the 6.0. (thumbsu

Cap 1 copies on the census (all label hues) 155

Marvel 1 copies 60

Just sayin'

Curious census observation:  There isn't a single green label copy of Marvel 1 on the census.  Nobody ever graded a copy with, say, a married cf? Seems odd.

39 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Marvel 1 copies 60

Just sayin'

Curious census observation:  There isn't a single green label copy of Marvel 1 on the census.  Nobody ever graded a copy with, say, a married cf? Seems odd.

And only 27 blue labels.

In nearly 20 years of slabbing comic books.

On 12/9/2017 at 6:53 PM, Sqeggs said:

Marvel 1 copies 60

Just sayin'

Interesting point. Chances are they have but then they were likely manipulated, resubbed, old labels returned to wipe the slate clean if a blue label was obtained. Too bad that CGC wouldn't keep data online that would show that any previous green/purple labels were removed [at least as far as GA books goes]. 

On 12/8/2017 at 5:09 PM, Dark Knight said:

Years back MC 1 in any grade was just underpriced compared to the other major GA keys. Not sure why that was the case, but things have turned around 360.

Doesn't seem as if things have turned around at all (or maybe they have done a 360 as it were). A 6.0 Marvel 1 sells for under $250K, that seems about 1/4 of what a 6.0 Tec 27 or Action 1 would sell for, less than Superman 1 and maybe right in line with Batman 1. 

About the same level Marvel 1 was a decade ago.