• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE. (end of the) PLANET. SALE.........Get In Here!
5 5

294 posts in this topic

THE. (end of the) PLANET. SALE.

Hello all, 

The day has finally come when I've decided to part with my beloved Planet Comics run. Those of you who know me are familiar with my many-year's-long journey in putting together the best run of Planet comics I could afford. While I didn't end up getting all of them, I got close. These books are special. I've specifically spent time looking for the best-presenting copies of each issue I could afford in the best grades I could afford - and in-fact selling off the rest of my golden age collection to acquire these exceptional books.  Don't worry, there are many books that are affordable for the casual collector (including the first post below) , but many - if not most - are those "dream" books that will appeal to those looking for a permanent member of their collection. 

Of special note are some of the final books I will post on Friday which include #'s 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10, & 12. These books are all originally from the same bound volume, and thus restored. What makes them special is that not-only were they clearly bound the year they were published (and thus making them exceptionally well-preserved in high-grade), these books were restored by the renowned Susan Cicconi and are documented on her website for Restoration Lab as well as confirmed via email discussions I had with her about them. Those who know about her work need no further explanation as she is legendary in the restoration field, but if you are the unitiated, you should know that her work is of the highest quality and these books represent her at the peak of her powers. The result are books that - while not needing much restoration to begin with - are seamless where they required attention (mostly the spines and as such, listed as only Moderate Restoration). They are exceptional books, and in my opinion, rival their unrestored counterparts for the same high-grades (for 1/5th the price!!). I know that restoration isn't always ideal, but I think most will agree that these books are an exception. For the lucky buyer, they will represent the absolute highest grade early Planet you can own at a truly affordable price. Trust me, you'll see. They will be the final books I post. 

The run will be posted in reverse orderTonight's  post will include only 5 or so books of the end of the run. Thursday will take us to #30, and Friday will be #'s 29-1While I'm happy to discuss sales via PM, I recommend that if you want a book that you post a :takeit: . All such public posts will win out every time over discussions that haven't been replied to with an affirmative response to the deal with a timestamp that precedes all other claims. It can be tricky if I'm getting a lot of PM's, I apologize if there is confusion. Anyway, you folks know the drill!

Presales: Gotta keep the comic gods happy, so no pre-sales folks. I hope you understand. I am, however, happy to send you information on specific books or lists of what is available if you are interested, along with the approximate times said books will be listed. 

PMs:  I will not be able to do any private message offers until the books have been place at least 2 hours. Also, I'm more likely to consider offers if you are taking four or more books.. 

When: Books will be posted Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday night at approximately 7pm EST each night. 

Photos: I am relying on Photobucket to do its job and host my photos properly. If the pictures disappear (as they tend to do), I will do my best to repost them from this site (which is a lower resolution photo). In any event, I will happily provide the original high-res scans to you upon request. Please send me a PM and include your email address. 

Shipping: All books will be $8 for Priority mail for up to 2 books. 3-10 books or more will be $15. Int'l buyers are welcome with shipping at actual cost. Insurance is extra, approximately $3/book. 

Payment: Money Orders, or Checks are preferred, but Paypal is accepted, but I will require that 3% be added to the total for fees.

Returns: All books are returnable for a full refund (provided they are in the original condition as described in the post) Books must be received within 7 days of your shipping receipt.

As always, thank you for your patronage over the years. While this won't be my last sale, it will be my biggest (and most emotional :( ) I'm sad to see these books go, but am happy they will be going to my friends here on the boards. 

First books coming soon....

Edited by Soft-Serve

RECAP:

What Has Sold, and What is Available:

Last Update: 3:30PM EST, 12/10/17

SOLD OUT!!

SOLD:

#73 - BigHaley

#72 - JustJimN

#71 - JustJimN

#70 - Rick

#69 - Mystafo

#68 - Mystafo

#67 - GoldenCase

#64 - Bentbryan

#62 - Goldlust

#61 - Wally's Comics

#60 - BuscemasAvengers

#59 - n2wdw 

#58 - JustJimN

#57 - Rick

#55 - SurfCityComics

#54 - n2wdw 

#51 - ThothAmon

#50 - SurfCityComics

#48 - NewShane

#47 - SurfCityComics

#46 - JustJimN

#45 - Zolnerowich

#43 - JustJimN

#42 - Funny Books

#41 - Changer

#40 - Rick

#38 - Rick

#37 - misterrmystery

#36 - Rick

#35  - SuperGrover

#34 - SuperGrover

#32 - GoldenCase

#29 - Dayzen

#28 - ThothAmon

#27 - Changer

#25 - GoldLust

#23 - Changer

#22 - SuperGrover

#19 - FastEddie

#18 - Comicdey

#16 - golden43tiger

#12 - Comicdey

#11 - Comicdey

#10 - Comicdey

#9 - Comicdey

#8 - golden43tiger

#7 - entalmighty1

#6 - Comicdey

#5 - Artboy99

#4 - GoldenCase

#3 - Misterrmystery

#2 - RODDULATE

#1 - GOLDENCASE

AVAILABLE:  SOLD OUT!!!!

Edited by Soft-Serve

Ok, let's try this again... 

#73 - VG - $85 - NOW $60  SOLD TO BIGHALEY - Jan 21, 1954 Date Stamp. Last Issue, Whitman Cover. Some tears back page, sealed with archival tape very neatly. Both staples reinforced. Solid reader, glossy cover with nice color. 

green_sold_sign_h.png

Edited by Soft-Serve

#72 - Former GRADED 6.0 - $450 SOLD TO JUSTJIMN  Classic Whitman "woman in peril" cover. Great presenting copy with off white pages. 1-1/2" upper spine split, small lower split. Hard to find issue these days! Label picture upon request

green_sold_sign_h.png.357b20fc3e36e854c46e08505aad4ffa.png

Edited by Soft-Serve

#71 Former CGC 3.5 - $330 - SOLD TO JUSTJIMN = Another hard to find Whitman cover. Kill color on this well-presenting copy. Weakish staples, otherwise solid with off white pages. Label not pictured, but included. 

green_sold_sign_h.png

Edited by Soft-Serve

#70 FN/VF - $300 SOLD TO RICK - Absolutely killer copy of, at least to me, the best late Planet cover of all time. Tiny upper & Lower spine splits, Small piece out rear cover edge, Small hole mid spine. Small stain on "T" in title.

green_sold_sign_h.png

Edited by Soft-Serve
Wrong ad copy. Purchased on picture