• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK WIDOW: THE MOVIE (TBD)
4 4

2,016 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, D84 said:

It's going better here? 🤦‍♂️

Just in terms of the number of vaccines administered. Canada has a supply shortage. Now back to Comics...

9 hours ago, bentbryan said:

Sounds like they are sticking to theatrical release 

And if they get a poor turnout, they will probably drop it for home release right after. I won’t see it in theaters. And I won’t rent or “early unlock” it for $30 on Disney+ but I’ll BUY it for $20 when it reaches that price point. May have to wait a month or two later but with all the streaming options, I’m good with that. No Time to Die and Dune are the only must-see in theaters for me this year. Maybe MI:7 and Matrix 4.

8 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

They have much less control over streaming content & you can bet it would be leaked immediately. They already saw the result of Mulan, but how can they expect people to prioritize movies over health? The studios will make less money, but they might not have a choice, because vaccines won't eliminate COVID-19.

18 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

They have much less control over streaming content & you can bet it would be leaked immediately. They already saw the result of Mulan, but how can they expect people to prioritize movies over health? The studios will make less money, but they might not have a choice, because vaccines won't eliminate COVID-19.

Gotta agree. Safety over profits!

emotion01.gif.6e79b7d2fd457e2918c3ec378001f74e.gif

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Gotta agree. Safety over profits!

emotion01.gif.6e79b7d2fd457e2918c3ec378001f74e.gif

The only way I imagine people feeling safe enough to flock into theaters again, is if someone came out with speakers that can disrupt many Covid variants & were required to wear them during screenings. They're acting like it's business as usual, but we know better.

I don't see this being released in theaters in the year 2021.  If it is released it will be to streaming.  Not enough progress is being made against Covid, and with the news reporting everyday that it is mutating (U.K. strand, South Africa strand, etc.).  I believe 2021 will be another horrible year for studios/theaters much like 2020 was.

As we approach the first anniversary of everything shutting down due to COVID-19, we are reminded once again of all the movies we have not gotten to see. One film that has been pushed back a couple of times because of the pandemic is Black Widow, which was originally supposed to be released in May of last year before being rescheduled to November 2020. Now, the movie is scheduled to come out this May, but things could always change again considering Marvel Studios does not want to release the movie on Disney+. According to a new report from Variety, Disney and Marvel plan to take a fresh approach in their next push to market Black Widow.

Disney began the marketing campaign for the film in December of 2019 and Jeff Bock, an analyst with Exhibitor Relations, explained why studios are planning to overhaul movies' marketing strategies.

"There is a certain spoilage from any film sitting on the shelf for very long," Bock explained. "They just become stale after a while, and nobody even really wants to talk about it." He added of Black Widow, "I think a lot of people probably think that Black Widow has already been released, or should have been released by now."

"The last thing you want to do when you’re in this situation is to overmarket with your campaign or oversaturate with your materials," Asad Ayaz, Disney's president of marketing, added. Ayaz shared that his team plans to introduce original materials that will take a "fresh approach" to selling the film. However, it is uncertain when the new campaign will launch.

Just now, Bosco685 said:

Disney really needs to tear the band-aid off and just push this to streaming.

That's probably where it will end up but I can understand why they're waiting a little while longer.

1 minute ago, Comicopolis said:

That's probably where it will end up but I can understand why they're waiting a little while longer.

• May 1st, 2020
  • November 6, 2020
  • May 7, 2021
  • July 9, 2021 (assumed)

I understand they are banking on bank someday. But that's becoming a tagline for hope - not reality. No offense meant.

Just now, Bosco685 said:
  • May 1st, 2020
  • November 6, 2020
  • May 7, 2021
  • July 9, 2021 (assumed)

I understand they are banking on bank someday. But that's becoming a tagline for hope - not reality. No offense meant.

A few more months isn't going to make much difference.

I don't see what they gain by putting it on Disney+ now. Apart from the fact I could watch it!

6 minutes ago, Comicopolis said:

A few more months isn't going to make much difference.

I don't see what they gain by putting it on Disney+ now. Apart from the fact I could watch it!

I won't even bother to plug in the follow-on Disney films it moves each time to claim that slot. To include Shang-Chi.

So the concern are 2020 films bumped repeatedly in 2021 impacting fellow 2021 films along with bottlenecking 2022 films.

Edited by Bosco685
English - not whatever that was ;-)