• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK WIDOW: THE MOVIE (TBD)
4 4

2,016 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, media_junkie said:

If Disney+ puts this as one of their "premium" $29.99 add ones then I will for sure be waiting until it is "free" on their streaming service.  I mean honestly it is already a year late, what will another couple months mean.

Yeah, there's no way in Hel I'm paying $30 to watch this at home.

I have a feeling this movie will be a huge letdown and be one of the poorer financial showings for Marvel. And not to any fault of their own. I just think COVID and the delays have really eliminated interest. That and the fact other Disney plus shows are moving forward while this is sidelined tells me all I need to know about Black Widow....a fun stand alone tale to give Black Widow more screentime but that will have no real effects on the overall MCU. At least not in a sense that seeing it is imperative to knowing what has happened or will happen. It could still be a fine movie but I think those who do see it first will have too high expectations. If it is anything more than just an action flick with Black Widow, I will be stunned. And I think too many people are expecting too much here.

And hey, if I go in with this mentality, I cannot possibly be disappointed :)

Edited by comicginger1789

19 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

I have a feeling this movie will be a huge letdown and be one of the poorer financial showings for Marvel. And not to any fault of their own. I just think COVID and the delays have really eliminated interest. That and the fact other Disney plus shows are moving forward while this is sidelined tells me all I need to know about Black Widow....a fun stand alone tale to give Black Widow more screentime but that will have no real effects on the overall MCU. At least not in a sense that seeing it is imperative to knowing what has happened or will happen. It could still be a fine movie but I think those who do see it first will have too high expectations. If it is anything more than just an action flick with Black Widow, I will be stunned. And I think too many people are expecting too much here.

But... Black Window will save the movie theater industry single-handed...?

38 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

Prepare to be stunned. Marvel Studios isn't going to make the first film of Phase Four just a way to see more ScarJo in action. The film will tie in with the Disney+ shows, particularly Falcon Winter Soldier, and set up Phase Four (along with the two Disney+ shows before it). I wouldn't be surprised if the movie even sets up mutants, actually I'd be a little surprised...

Edited by @therealsilvermane

19 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

But... Black Window will save the movie theater industry single-handed...?

If Black Widow gets a theatrical only release, it will save the movie theater industry. If it gets a hybrid release, it will be the first film to actually give the movie theater industry hope they can get through this. My prediction.

Just now, @therealsilvermane said:

If Black Widow gets a theatrical only release, it will save the movie theater industry. If it gets a hybrid release, it will be the first film to actually give the movie theater industry hope they can get through this. My prediction.

We know. Will you admit when you're wrong? Just wondering...

8 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

My prediction. ScarJo could fart on screen and you would note:

1) Feige had that sketched out years ago on his magic MCU roadmap

2) It was very much like the character in the source material - but even better

:banana:

6 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

My prediction. ScarJo could fart on screen and you would note:

1) Feige had that sketched out years ago on his magic MCU roadmap

2) It was very much like the character in the source material - but even better

:banana:

Until Marvel makes a real turd, I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt. They’ve earned it.

This movie will not save the industry (no movie could), but I bet it will very watchable.

2 minutes ago, piper said:

This movie will not save the industry (no movie could), but I bet it will very watchable.

As I've said before, I don't mean Black Widow will save the industry with its box office receipts alone if it gets a theater only release, but rather that enough people around the world will flock to see the first MCU movie in two years that it will start the chain reaction of people going back to the movies and thus save the industry. Of course, that's predicated on the prediction that Disney will not do a theatrical only release unless the world has got to a certain threshold in diminishing the coronavirus and movie theaters do their part to make theaters safe and communicate that safety. They got four months.

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

As I've said before, I don't mean Black Widow will save the industry with its box office receipts alone if it gets a theater only release, but rather that enough people around the world will flock to see the first MCU movie in two years that it will start the chain reaction of people going back to the movies and thus save the industry. Of course, that's predicated on the prediction that Disney will not do a theatrical only release unless the world has got to a certain threshold in diminishing the coronavirus and movie theaters do their part to make theaters safe and communicate that safety. They got four months.

I think it's going to depend a lot on the vaccine rollout and consumer confidence.  The US vaccine rollout is going much better than ours in Canada.

40 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Prepare to be stunned. Marvel Studios isn't going to make the first film of Phase Four just a way to see more ScarJo in action. The film will tie in with the Disney+ shows, particularly Falcon Winter Soldier, and set up Phase Four (along with the two Disney+ shows before it). I wouldn't be surprised if the movie even sets up mutants, actually I'd be a little surprised...

I can see a post credits scene being the only thing that truly hints at the future of the MCU....that aside, I will be stunned if the actual plot ties towards bigger things. I do believe it is just to give ScarJo some screen time, I really do. And again, happy to be proven wrong and if I am, I will likely enjoy it even more...I am just tempering my expectations extremely here. 

16 minutes ago, piper said:

Until Marvel makes a real turd, I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt. They’ve earned it.

I bet it will be watchable. No question there. Just the hype some have posted where this is going to save the movie industry and theaters set the bar beyond reality.

1 minute ago, comicginger1789 said:

I can see a post credits scene being the only thing that truly hints at the future of the MCU....that aside, I will be stunned if the actual plot ties towards bigger things. I do believe it is just to give ScarJo some screen time, I really do. And again, happy to be proven wrong and if I am, I will likely enjoy it even more...I am just tempering my expectations extremely here. 

Fair enough. It's always a safe bet to temper expectations going into a hyped up movie, but I'm expecting big things as well as a pretty good movie because the MCU doesn't ever seem to really let me down, at least since after Thor 2.