• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink 2018 Show 'em if you got 'em
13 13

897 posts in this topic

Couple of things I liked... almost upgraded an ASM but... there are a couple of things coming up elsewhere that catch my eye.. 

6 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

^^^ Real nice Avengers #57!

Agree that prices at this auction have been really high in some cases.  I was happy / sad to lose out on ASM #25 and #41, though I did get #18 and #44.

I believe your gorgeous copy of ASM44 is the Slobodian pedigree copy.  Many of the SA books from that collection have the DN stamp on the back cover.  It's a terrific Silver Age collection, going all the way back to near mint books from the ten cent DC era.

Here's one of my old Slobodian books with the same back cover stamp:

FF50ped.thumb.jpg.459e2c656d1e01c917b75be90b0b8562.jpg

Edited by namisgr

On 2/11/2018 at 4:37 AM, mysterio said:

That sucks. Hopefully you hadn’t already moved the “undercopy”. I did that once, never again. Rule 1 of upgrading books is now to make sure I’ve actually done so. 

I agree, and you get the added bonus of a group shot of both!

7 hours ago, namisgr said:

I believe your gorgeous copy of ASM44 is the Slobodian pedigree copy.  Many of the SA books from that collection have the DN stamp on the back cover.  It's a terrific Silver Age collection, going all the way back to near mint books from the ten cent DC era.

Here's one of my old Slobodian books with the same back cover stamp:

FF50ped.thumb.jpg.459e2c656d1e01c917b75be90b0b8562.jpg

Slobodian books.....?

1 hour ago, djpinkpanther67 said:

Was only going after one book this time around.

Target acquired ?

Nice comic to win, Thomas.  The small handful of picture frame Marvels I bid on so far went for GPA record prices, gobs more than I was willing to pay.

6 minutes ago, Arkadin said:

My lowball bid snagged this at $100 under guide. Really didn't think that happened these days!

RAD162B4201832_93149.thumb.jpg.1fbbe2780a192fd3a21df0c985ab33de.jpg

$335 was last GPA...., hard to say whether GPA or OSPG is more accurate on this one.  I see a 7.0 went $300 in December, so you probably did OK.

1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

$335 was last GPA...., hard to say whether GPA or OSPG is more accurate on this one.  I see a 7.0 went $300 in December, so you probably did OK.

Thanks, I don't have GPA - but that explains it anyway.

Even though I know the Guide is often way off, I still use it for bidding. Which explains why I don't win much, I guess. xD

3 hours ago, Arkadin said:
3 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Even though I know the Guide is often way off, I still use it for bidding. Which explains why I don't win much, I guess. xD

Actually, you should be winning a lot more...., 

3 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I'll give you $200 for it.

4 minutes ago, paperheart said:

with a whiff.  0 for 5

:applause:  0 for 6 here.  They heavily smoked my cheap @zz. :sorry: 

Edited by lizards2
cheap

I'm not an expert on that book, but it looks like it's one of those tricky low volume early SA books and that 8.0 is a pretty extreme example of a top value/filler grade. I'd guess an 8.5 still does $650 or more at auction.

I was after a similar low volume early SA book and planned on spending 10+% over the most recent sale. It doubled the last sale price before it even hit the 10 minute countdown. :tonofbricks: I expect that from GA, not SA.

2 minutes ago, Greenlake said:

I'm not an expert on that book, but it looks like it's one of those tricky low volume early SA books and that 8.0 is a pretty extreme example of a top value/filler grade. I'd guess an 8.5 still does $650 or more at auction.

I was after a similar low volume early SA book and planned on spending 10+% over the most recent sale. It doubled the last sale price before it even hit the 10 minute countdown. :tonofbricks: I expect that from GA, not SA.

You can buy an 8.5 from a boardie for a mere $900.....,