• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink 2018 Show 'em if you got 'em
13 13

897 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, bc said:

Cool pickup ! I loved that series. The whole Dire Wraith angle gave it a much darker mood than I expected from a book about a toy and a little girl.

-bc

I've got a raw run, many of which are my well-loved original owner copies, and I keep meaning to sit down and give it a full read. I've read them all, just not in order, and it has been a while. Much better series than it is often given credit for. And yes, I have the toy. :cloud9:

ROM1.JPG

Edited by mysterio

12 hours ago, lizards2 said:

It better be CGCd krap, bub.

Only CGC stuff. 

There was a book that was offered that I thought about picking up for future resale but it was signed in a non-cgc holder and I was skeptical so I did not pull the trigger.

Edited by Buzzetta

10 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:
12 hours ago, lizards2 said:

It better be CGCd krap, bub.

Only CGC stuff. 

There was a book that was offered that I thought about picking up for future resale but it was signed in a non-cgc holder and I was skeptical so I did not pull the trigger.

We only talk about CGCd krap here, bub.  (tsk)

1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

Which is why I did not pull the trigger.  I felt that the assigned grade and recognized signature were dubious. 

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:
5 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Which is why I did not pull the trigger.  I felt that the assigned grade and recognized signature were dubious. 

You did not pull the trigger because of peer pressure, bub. :sumo:

5 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

You did not pull the trigger because of peer pressure, bub. :sumo:

No... literally because the signature program is questionable.  I have purchased books before from others and had them reslabbed. 

On 1/29/2018 at 11:58 PM, lizards2 said:

That's a bargain at half the price! :D

I genuinely can't tell if this is saying that it's a bargain because it was half the normal price of $120, or that it would be a bargain at half of this price ($30)...

23 hours ago, rob_react said:

I JUST FOUND OUT ABOUT IT!

Yes. :sumo:

They showed some footage at NYCC last October. It looked pretty good. But it wasn't that long of a clip (less than 10 minutes, mostly just the lead up to and start of a fight scene).

3 minutes ago, Cocomonkey said:
On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:58 PM, lizards2 said:

That's a bargain at half the price! :D

I genuinely can't tell if this is saying that it's a bargain because it was half the normal price of $120, or that it would be a bargain at half of this price ($30)...

:D

15 minutes ago, paperheart said:
2 hours ago, lizards2 said:

:D

the "what were they thinking slabbing this stuff?" round

There are actually a few good ones in there. :banana: 

1 hour ago, entalmighty1 said:

I already received my book and I only paid on the 30th.  That seems like a new record for fast shipping with ComicLink!

I'm going to sandbag on checkout, then send a check.  I should have my wins by April :banana: 

1 hour ago, entalmighty1 said:

I already received my book and I only paid on the 30th.  That seems like a new record for fast shipping with ComicLink!

I had a similar experience.  Auction closed on the 23rd, I paid on the 24th and had the book on 27th via FedEx.  Quickest service ever for me.  Paul~

On 2/1/2018 at 1:53 PM, 1Cool said:

Anyone else ready for the drek round of auctions??

How does ComicLink decide what books go into this round?  It seems to me that it would be bring more money to seller's books if they all closed together.  Is it a volume issue?  Just too many books to run through at one time?  Paul~