• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Incredible Hulk #181 - is it *that* red-hot?
17 17

1,923 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

I've actually never looked at their pricing structure till now.  Its an even bigger scam than I thought, people are actually paying that much for a 5 minute evaluation they could do themselves?  CVA's profit margin would probably make the Shark Tank blush.

It's not just IH181 that's moving, it seems anything related to Wolverine is being speculated insanely. Look at Foom #2 (which some believe is Wolverine's first appearance even before IH180 albeit in a "prototype form") is shooting up like crazy in just the past 30 days.

Talk about Tulip Mania!

Foom2.thumb.PNG.be85adb2c9824741c9840f822982fc7c.PNG

On 1/17/2019 at 9:15 PM, Callaway29 said:

+1 Been disappointed as well...

Heritage in general is usually disappointing, but I made a recent purchase and was very surprised at how white the book wasn't compared to the scanned image. 

10 hours ago, Mjolnir! said:

Curious, does anyone know what the sweet spot grade to purchase this book is right now?

The highest grade your wallet allows :) (I'm actually being serious).  With the exception of maybe 9.8, as that's a completely different game lol

On 1/19/2019 at 2:08 PM, carefulsum said:

It's not just IH181 that's moving, it seems anything related to Wolverine is being speculated insanely. Look at Foom #2 (which some believe is Wolverine's first appearance even before IH180 albeit in a "prototype form") is shooting up like crazy in just the past 30 days.

Talk about Tulip Mania!

Foom2.thumb.PNG.be85adb2c9824741c9840f822982fc7c.PNG

FOOM 2 is an interesting book. I dont' think many speculators go for it, it's truly for the FAN AT HEART!

16 hours ago, Mjolnir! said:

Curious, does anyone know what the sweet spot grade to purchase this book is right now?

9.0-9.4 looks like it is plateauing a bit after the big run up last year. 

11 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

You said what now??????  And 6 hours to go... :ohnoez:

24 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Looks like the high bidder put in a bid above the high to protect himself :whatthe:  It appears valid since Comiclink would kick out the bidder if they knew he couldn't pay for it by now.  couple of hours have passed and the bid is still standing

Edited by Spiderturtle

6 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

Looks like the high bidder put in a bid above the high to protect himself :whatthe:  It appears valid since Comiclink would kick out the bidder if they knew he couldn't pay for it by now.  couple of hours have passed and the bid is still standing

I saw that. I’m stunned. Seems crazy

25 minutes ago, dinesh_s said:

It keeps climbing. At 59k now. Possible two bidders really want the Mile High II pedigree?

appears that way, $20k over the predicted hammer seems a bit wacky for the pedigree but 2 guys with lots of extra money to spend and hold onto the book

3 hours ago, dinesh_s said:

It keeps climbing. At 59k now. Possible two bidders really want the Mile High II pedigree?

CVA has an established history of attracting sizable premiums on C-link 

Mile high 2 pedigree not so much.

Other recent well centered copies haven't even broken 40k.

Not complicated...

2 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

CVA has an established history of attracting sizable premiums on C-link 

Mile high 2 pedigree not so much.

Other recent well centered copies haven't even broken 40k.

Not complicated...

$59,000 final price.  Just imagine if it had the extra special CVA Super Duper Exceptional sticker.  You know, the one you get if you pay up for the 10 minute eval versus the normal 5...  :insane: