• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which key issues that are currently undervalued in your opinion?
8 8

278 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Not if he stays dead...........................

Spoiler

Joker got killed in the movies and comics and that hasn't brought down the value of Joker comic books. :wink:

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

4 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

After seeing how good the Black Panther movie was I expect this to become more desired now over the upcoming years.

0120.jpg

What other movie appearance books featuring one-off characters have seen price increases retained for years following said appearance in a movie?

14 minutes ago, darkstar said:

What other movie appearance books featuring one-off characters have seen price increases retained for years following said appearance in a movie?

Michael B Jordan played the role of a lifetime when he played Killmonger.  Some say up there with Heath Ledger as the Joker. I guess you haven't seen Black Panther the movie yet? :baiting:

Killmonger-Michael-B-Jordan-Heath-Ledger-Joker-The-Source.jpg

29 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Michael B Jordan played the role of a lifetime when he played Killmonger.  Some say up there with Heath Ledger as the Joker. I guess you haven't seen Black Panther the movie yet? :baiting:

Killmonger-Michael-B-Jordan-Heath-Ledger-Joker-The-Source.jpg

Not sure what that has to do with his first appearance in comics and whether it will maintain its current price. Instead of using your emotional attachment to a movie to guide your investment advice, you should probably find a comparable book or books and see what the data says. 

35 minutes ago, darkstar said:

Not sure what that has to do with his first appearance in comics and whether it will maintain its current price. Instead of using your emotional attachment to a movie to guide your investment advice, you should probably find a comparable book or books and see what the data says. 

Doesn't the spike generally occur leading UP to the movie? 

And then it usually, unless it's a Silver or Golden age key, kind of taper off, sometimes dramatically?

16 minutes ago, Chuck Gower said:

Doesn't the spike generally occur leading UP to the movie? 

And then it usually, unless it's a Silver or Golden age key, kind of taper off, sometimes dramatically?

I do think this is different than most as a lot of people were unaware of the character, think he's awesome in the movie, then may go back and chase his early appearances. For this reason, I think it may have short-term spike, but definitely nothing in the long run unless he's brought back.

15 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I do think this is different than most as a lot of people were unaware of the character, think he's awesome in the movie, then may go back and chase his early appearances. For this reason, I think it may have short-term spike, but definitely nothing in the long run unless he's brought back.

Could have the potential to have continued interest like

Related image

No one really desired TALES TO ASTONISH #13 until these last few years.

15 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Could have the potential to have continued interest like

Related image

No one really desired TALES TO ASTONISH #13 until these last few years.

One character is a currently a one-off villain. The other is arguably the most popular character to come out of the GotG franchise, with major appearances in what is likely to be all three GotG films plus a role in Infinity War. One first appeared in 1973. The other 1960. One is central to Disney's and Marvel's merchandising efforts for the foreseeable future, the other is not.

Jungle Action 6 has more in common with Thor 344 than it does with Tales To Astonish 13.