• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which key issues that are currently undervalued in your opinion?
8 8

278 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Key Largo Comics said:

Conan the Barbarian particularly Windsor-Smith issues.

I have been wishing upon a star for years that would be the case. I enjoyed them, people 30 years ago thought they were a big deal, but the current crop of comic price inflators...I dunno.

The 2011 movie was a bust (and I honestly thought Aquaman was a good pick for the role). But if Arnold can pull of King Conan in 2019, maybe people will "get it" again?

7 minutes ago, the blob said:

I have been wishing upon a star for years that would be the case. I enjoyed them, people 30 years ago thought they were a big deal, but the current crop of comic price inflators...I dunno.

The 2011 movie was a bust (and I honestly thought Aquaman was a good pick for the role). But if Arnold can pull of King Conan in 2019, maybe people will "get it" again?

With Marvel regaining the publishing rights from Dark Horse I'm hoping the end game could be Disney/Marvel produced Conan movies.

If that comes to pass these books could really bounce back sharply. As you point out they've been uderappreciated for a very long time.

Edited by Key Largo Comics

3 minutes ago, Key Largo Comics said:

With Marvel regaining the publishing rights from Dark Horse I'm hoping the end game could be Disney/Marvel produced Conan movies.

If that comes to pass these books could really bounce back sharply. As you point out they've been uderappreciated for a very long time.

I have long boxes of them. That might be a problem. Conan readers saved their books. Conan was one of the most popular titles. Then again, maybe not in super condition. The BWS, sure, that's worth something now, but the Buscema books in the early/mid 70s were great too and nobody has cared for eons. Savage Swords were fantastic.

24 minutes ago, Key Largo Comics said:

Even if that happens, people will only care about the issues that feature first appearances. Very few people get into a character because of a movie and go back and read 40 year old stories. 

2 hours ago, Black_Adam said:

Giant Size Man-Thing #4

1st Howard the Duck solo story

Also issue 5.

The key first appearance of a classic Bronze Age character, Hellcow.

23 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Even if that happens, people will only care about the issues that feature first appearances. Very few people get into a character because of a movie and go back and read 40 year old stories. 

Well, they may buy the TPBs. But yeah, COnan 42 may be a solid read, but I'm pretty sure the bad monster is killed and never heard from again.

On 1/31/2018 at 10:23 AM, Brock said:

Sure, but ya'll could be short for "Yes, all y'all". Or would that be y'a'll?

After awhile, it all starts to look like Hebrew.

Move to Texas. It's "Y'all." (Even if you are only talking to one person).

"How y'all doin?"

15 minutes ago, icefires said:

Move to Texas. It's "Y'all." (Even if you are only talking to one person).

"How y'all doin?"

OR

How ya doin'?   adding all or ya all, which is to add you and other's, you all..... ya'll

the auto correct on the phone says y'all, but I think that it is debatable ;) 

19 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

OR

How ya doin'?   adding all or ya all, which is to add you and other's, you all..... ya'll

Not debatable it’s y’all (thumbsu

23 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

OR

"Afternoon. What can I git y'all to drink?"

"What kind of pop do you have?"

"Say wha?"

"What kind of pop do you have?"

"Sorry. I don't understand a word yer sayin'."

What. Kind. Of.Pop. Do. You. Have? Coke?"

"Sure, we got coke. What kind ya want? Dr. Pepper?"

"No. I would like Coca-Cola please."

"We ain't got that. We got Pepsi. That ok?"

"Sure."

"K. I'm fixin' to git it for ya right now."

(server walking away) "Dad gum northerners. Don't speak a bit a English!"

Edited by icefires

15 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

Not debatable it’s y’all (thumbsu

I stand corrected...I know it is spelled y'all, I just feel it would be misspelled more often than not (thumbsu

But but but.... jk         I remember being a kid and visiting my relatives in California, Orange County and them saying you all. The reason I said it was debatable is, I had never even heard the concept of "you all" lol let alone knew that y'all was short for it haha

When I think of country twang, some of it sounds so bad that I don't think that it is "short" for anything close to reality in English such as "you all" imo. IF it isn't proper English then there is nothing proper about it..... ???

I agree it is y'all, but I suspect more southerners would spell it ya'll until you corrected them, just saying you should look at Facebook. I remember in private school that y'all wasn't allowed as proper English like ain't, but I guess we've come along way if now it is even worked it's way in enough to have an apostrophe in the proper place. 2c

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 1/31/2018 at 10:59 PM, NoMan said:

What’s an example of a title/issue # with great story/art for the beginner who knows very little about these books. 

Dracula Lives!

Tales of the Zombie

Planet of the Apes

Vampire Tales

(thumbsu

I'm beating a dead horse, because I already know where the apostrophe belongs :makepoint:

I just googled it and your correct it isn't you all 

Y'all is actually never correct - especially in written English. Above, several people have noted there is an absent second-person plural pronoun in English. ... In absolutely every case, the word "you," can replace y'all.Sep 17, 2010

It isn't "you all" it is short for "YOU"................................ y'all crazy :)