• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Netflix's CONAN THE BARBARIAN Show
5 5

100 posts in this topic

CONAN THE BARBARIAN TV Series In The Works At Amazon From GAME OF THRONES Director Miguel Sapochnik

157630.jpg

Deadline reports that there's a new Conan TV series in the works at Amazon from from Colony co-creator Ryan Condal, Game of Thrones director Miguel Sapochnik,Fargo and The Handmaid’s Tale executive producer Warren Littlefield, Pathfinder Media and Endeavor Content.

The show will reportedly take the character back "to his literary origins", and is described as follows:

"Driven out of his tribal homelands, Conan wanders the mysterious and treacherous world of civilization where he searches for purpose in a place that rejects him as a mindless savage."

Who will play Conan? If he is hot enough my wife might be amenable to us watching the show, which means I might be able to watch the show. But there needs to be a plot. She watches GOT because there is a plot.

One problem with Conan is that there aren't that many characters. Maybe in the last half of the comic run there were some more supporting characters, but in the first 100 or so issues you have Red Sonja and Belit. Conan beheading some monster every episode may get boring if he has nobody to share his adventures with.

24 minutes ago, the blob said:

The last Conan TV show was terrible though.

Miguel Sapochnik GoT directed episodes:

- The Winds of Winter

- Battle of the Bastards

- Hardhome

- The Gift

My faith in this new production just went through the roof! Some of the best episodes every across the GoT seasons.

40 minutes ago, the blob said:

The last Conan TV show was terrible though.

When was this?

I'd heard the kid from the last Conan movie and Disney's "Kicking It" was pushing for a tv show with Conan as an 18-19 year old.  Is this it ,perchance?

Edited by shadroch

Poor Conan. One huge winner. One okay film. And then a series of oddball productions.

- Conan the Barbarian (1982) - Arnold Schwarzenegger

- Conan the Destroyer (1984) - Arnold Schwarzenegger

- Conan the Adventurer Animated Series ( October 1, 1992 to October 1, 1994, 64 episodes)

- Conan and the Young Warriors Animated Series (1994, 13 episodes)

- Conan the Adventurer Live-Action Series (September 22, 1997, and ran for 22 episodes) - Ralf Moller

- Conan the Barbarian (2011) - Jason Momoa