• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Netflix's COBRA KAI starring Ralph Macchio, William Zabka (2021)
2 2

322 posts in this topic

Now, ahead of Cobra Kai season 4, which arrives on Netflix on December 31, Macchio speaks with Empire about Silver's return. Teasing that the upcoming batch of episodes are "next level," the actor explains that the series is going to show a different side to the antagonist. He also acknowledged that the one film that the character appears in, The Karate Kid Part III, wasn’t well-received, and that the new season would try to improve on that. Check out Macchio’s quote below:

There’s another angle to Terry Silver, and when you call upon those stories and dive into the grey areas, it expands the universe and the story. It’s this chance to take something that didn’t work, and try to make fruit out of it. Can it bear fruit? It has. Season four is next level.

On 1/1/2022 at 9:09 AM, Bosco685 said:

Solid first season episode!

Sets up the rest of the season quite nicely.

4 eps in and the show still has the same vibe from season 1. Really enjoying the series and how they frame the nostalgia in both positive and negative lights.  KK3 was pretty lame but I’m excited about the return of Terry Silver,  he was such a whack-a-doo villain. Love seeing him slowly revert to the old Terry! 

BDA1CCE5-0030-4331-AC6A-D997ED27B08D.png

I love this show but hopefully people start calling the cops over assaults with deadly weapons, burglary, home invasion, arson, grand theft and all the other numerous crimes these scamps get into.

On 1/1/2022 at 3:11 PM, kav said:

I love this show but hopefully people start calling the cops over assaults with deadly weapons, burglary, home invasion, arson, grand theft and all the other numerous crimes these scamps get into.

You just wiped out 9/10s of the plot!!

???

I continue to be impressed by the writing in this show-the dialogue is very natural and its not easy writing foes becoming allies and back and forth like that.  many unexpected twists-you cant 'predict' what is going to happen like in so many movies and TV shows.  I looked up the net worths and the actors arent making a fortune here either.  pretty sure they all love the project.

You know a show is good when you are willing to suspend your disbelief like crazy.  Violent assaults-no cops, huge fight at high school and no expulsions and parents still paying for their kids lessons at cobra kai and miyagi do, paralysis getting cured by will power etc.
It doesnt matter.  The story is so good it just doent matter. Now weaker offerings, where the story is not so good, those flaws pop out and make you turn it off.

Edited by kav

I enjoy the show. The nostalgia just takes you back especially when they show you an old clip. 
I overlook alot of stuff because of that. Its just a fun show to watch and talk with others about. 

They really got it right. The actors are all seeing a resurgence in their careers for many of them
had disappeared for years. Great for them. 

I will pick on the fight choreagrahy little though it is getting better it was terrible several times in the early season.
Ralph looked terrible in several scenes early on. I think he got in a little better shape.

On 1/1/2022 at 8:48 PM, fastballspecial said:

I enjoy the show. The nostalgia just takes you back especially when they show you an old clip. 
I overlook alot of stuff because of that. Its just a fun show to watch and talk with others about. 

They really got it right. The actors are all seeing a resurgence in their careers for many of them
had disappeared for years. Great for them. 

I will pick on the fight choreagrahy little though it is getting better it was terrible several times in the early season.
Ralph looked terrible in several scenes early on. I think he got in a little better shape.

I noticed that too.  they must be training.