• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,021 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

to make up for that gaffe i am posting a monster themed photo !

Image result for the gorn

This is the very first episode I saw of Star Trek when the BBC started to show it in 1969. It's still up there as one of my favourite episodes. (thumbsu

Edited by Gnasher

3 hours ago, Gnasher said:

This is the very first episode I saw of Star Trek when the BBC started to show it in 1969. It's still up there as one of my favourite episodes. (thumbsu

I was the same only we had a colour tv and BBc 2 was the only colour channel at the time and the very first colour ITV show I watched was Randall and HopKIRK (yes pun intended).:bigsmile:

download (1).jpg

1 hour ago, Mike Scott said:

A couple more of those dust jackets.

The classic Grosset & Dunlap KING KONG cover.KKcover.thumb.jpg.646c64381eb804d43bf851e0bfca371a.jpg

And terrific BRIDE art on a UK edition of the novelization.

bridecover.thumb.jpg.d005371bcb03e5023de712f6e12a7985.jpg

Mike you're such a tease...Where has all this beautiful artwork been and you are right the Bride cover is a beauty oh and the Kong and the Phantom and I can go on with the "and's" brilliant.(worship)   

Edited by tv horror

5 hours ago, tv horror said:

Mike you're such a tease...Where has all this beautiful artwork been and you are right the Bride cover is a beauty oh and the Kong and the Phantom and I can go on with the "and's" brilliant.(worship)   

:idea: Mike's got a box of crayons Maurice.

Looking at those photo play editions I was reminded of this classic starring Peter Lorre based on the novel The Hands of Orlac. Peter stole the movie with an outstanding performance of his descent into madness. Look at this poster for a film festival it has a very Ditko style.

705097302_s-l225(2).jpg.8b03424b29a99d0cc12ec1f37427c5e2.jpg

s-l225 (1).jpg

s-l225.jpg

Edited by tv horror
I hate spell checkers

17 hours ago, tv horror said:

Mike you're such a tease...Where has all this beautiful artwork been ?

From a place called Facsimile Dust Jackets. Digitally restored original sized repros. $22 ea. I have a few.

https://www.dustjackets.com/

Here's another classic title.

wwccover.thumb.jpg.d47770f2e454cf0829b9abe69e669141.jpg

Edited by Mike Scott

6 hours ago, tv horror said:

Oops I forgot to add that I received this magazine today and guess what it features, yes Mad love.

Lorre has such a baby face in the contents page picture ...

he did steal every scene he was was ever in !! there has never been anyone like him !!