• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,028 posts in this topic

What about the first Marvel movie sort off as it was first a 15 episode serial The Return of Captain America edited to run in local cinema's. It starred D.Purcell and Lionel Atwill (one of the greatest horror actors at that time).  Atwill is better known as the one armed Police inspector Krogh from the Son of Frankenstein.:foryou: 

download (1).jpg

download.jpg

images (4).jpg

images (1).jpg

images.jpg

images (3).jpg

qro9LKDMmzDnVUn7cS8OsBFpjrM.jpg

images (2).jpg

1 hour ago, Mike Scott said:

I could have Googled it, but I didn't want to take the time. meh

Here's one for you Mike, out of all the masks that have been brought out for the Creature which looks the most lifelike? I know about the Don Post masks however I've seen a few on Ebay recently and they don't look to bad.(thumbsu I'm thinking of getting one that looks like the real Creature if you can give me any hints.

9 hours ago, tv horror said:

Here's one for you Mike, out of all the masks that have been brought out for the Creature which looks the most lifelike?  I'm thinking of getting one that looks like the real Creature if you can give me any hints.

You can get one pulled from one of the original molds, though they're all 2nd, or 3rd generation with some lost detail. Keep an eye on eBay for those. Several hundred dollars.

Or, chose one from the pic below.

creaturemasks.jpg.adafb399098a1c15b38c261e0f7ddecb.jpg

1 hour ago, Mike Scott said:

with some lost detail.

I'll let you into a little secret:gossip: only between you and me. I had planned to get a scuba suit and glue little rubber scales all over the suit then add the claws and feet finally topping it off with a lifelike mask, it was going to be my pet project. Then I considered how much it would weigh and that put me off the full size, however I'd still like to try, at least the glue fumes would help "Oh look at all those little fishies swimming around my head".:bigsmile:   

2 hours ago, tv horror said:

I'll let you into a little secret:gossip: only between you and me. I had planned to get a scuba suit and glue little rubber scales all over the suit then add the claws and feet finally topping it off with a lifelike mask, it was going to be my pet project.

The original used a body stocking with the foam pieces glued on. Much easier to get into than diving suit.

7 minutes ago, Mike Scott said:

The original used a body stocking with the foam pieces glued on. Much easier to get into than diving suit.

It was for a life sized dummy (no not me) although I'll admit that this was a great achievement in screen effects. I see that they have released a book on Millicent Patrick and her work on the Creature movie.    

download (3).jpg

download (1).jpg

download (2).jpg