• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,021 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, pemart1966 said:

I dunno about that...The Exorcist was pretty scary last time I peeked...

Actually you hit the nail on the head, I've promised never to watch The Exorcist because my big sister asked me not too. As for the statement about 1969 that's a joke:bigsmile: I research horror and Sc-fi movies and TV as I'm a Genre historian and I've had to watch some "Turkeys". 

download.jpg

11 hours ago, Mike Scott said:

Love that cover! Great pulp colors!

I did a series of posts on pre Famous Monsters pulps that had horror/sci-fi movie covers/coverage.

http://monstermagazines.blogspot.com/search/label/Before FM

My favourite subject I love it when non genre magazines publish horror or Sci-fi related articles, thanks Mike.

download.jpg

1 hour ago, tv horror said:

Stanley was a unique performer who found a niche playing silly talk characters, he also reminds me of Percy Edwards who found fame with his animal impersonations, he even did the vocal effects for the movie Alien 1979.:foryou:     

download (1).jpg

Strangely enough, I heard him on the radio last week with Morcambe & Wise on 4Extra. I didn't know that about Alien (thumbsu

2 hours ago, tv horror said:

Actually you hit the nail on the head, I've promised never to watch The Exorcist because my big sister asked me not too. As for the statement about 1969 that's a joke:bigsmile: I research horror and Sc-fi movies and TV as I'm a Genre historian and I've had to watch some "Turkeys". 

download.jpg

Romero Dawn of the Dead was outstanding too - but I agree with you - generally in the last 50 years not much of note.

Edited by pemart1966

1 hour ago, pemart1966 said:

generally in the last 50 years not much of note.

No there has been some great movies during that time Fright night, Creepshow, Return of the living dead and Demon knight the list goes on. Did you not notice that 1969 was special for two highlights in horror history Night of the living dead and the death of Boris Karloff. Thanks for the reply however NEVER EVER watch a movie called "Headless eyes!".You HAVE been warned.:roflmao: 

download (1).jpg

download.png

Edited by tv horror

2 hours ago, tv horror said:

No there has been some great movies during that time Fright night, Creepshow, Return of the living dead and Demon knight the list goes on. Did you not notice that 1969 was special for two highlights in horror history Night of the living dead and the death of Boris Karloff. Thanks for the reply however NEVER EVER watch a movie called "Headless eyes!".You HAVE been warned.:roflmao: 

download (1).jpg

download.png

Ahhhh...taste is SO subjective isn't is?  lol