• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,021 posts in this topic

On 3/14/2019 at 8:31 PM, tv horror said:

Good news Marvel is releasing a few Omnibus editions later this year they are Ghost rider, Marvel Horror and Marvel's Masters of suspense featuring the work of Stan Lee and Steve Ditko also Decades Legion of monsters, I know someone who's getting a set of books for Christmas.:bigsmile:

1600609302_download(6).jpg.5ab526c4002bfd467782a080cde73da6.jpg

download (9).jpg

download (7).jpg

download (8).jpg

I want all four of them, especially the Ghost Rider.

(thumbsu

1 hour ago, tv horror said:

No I haven't is it any good, I normally only like classic horror, in fact I don't watch anything made after 1969:bigsmile: or so it's been joked to me that Hollywood stopped making horror movies then.(thumbsu   

That depends, do you want to see the last descendant of Saint Patrick battle a demonically-possessed serpent?

Edited by creaturefan95
war is hell

While over on Marwoods thread posting about horror film magazines it came to my attention that some readers may not know that there was a book published on Horror and sci-fi movie magazines a few years back that is the Overstreet for monster collectors. This is one of my favourite books and features hundreds of cover images, although they are in black and white it still let's the collector know what to look for in their searches, I especially love the non movie related section as it shows many elusive covers and of course their values at the time.(worship)

MonsterMagGuide2.jpg

download.jpg

download (1).jpg

download (2).jpg

Edited by tv horror

8 minutes ago, tv horror said:

While over on Marwoods thread posting about horror film magazines it came to my attention that some readers may not know that there was a book published on Horror and sci-fi movie magazines a few years back that is the Overstreet for monster collectors. This is one of my favourite books and features hundreds of cover images, although they are in black and white it still let's the collector know what to look for in their searches, I especially love the non movie related section as it shows many elusive covers and of course their values at the time.(worship)

Marwoods this, Marwoods that. Why don't I ever get a mention :sumo:

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:11 PM, tv horror said:

I liked this cover better for The Master of the World more than the Classics illustrated.

s-l1600.jpg.00e18f71cd21fe9cc09ae31d509bd897.jpg

But remember, the AIP film was based on the first story, "Robur the Conqueror". Obviously, AIP thought the 2nd story had better marquee appeal. So, the Classics Illus. comic had a cover appropriate for that title.

9 hours ago, tv horror said:

This is a little beauty that I am on the lookout for it's from 1934 so more Golden age but look at that cover.:headbang:

s-l1600.jpg

Love that cover! Great pulp colors!

I did a series of posts on pre Famous Monsters pulps that had horror/sci-fi movie covers/coverage.

http://monstermagazines.blogspot.com/search/label/Before FM

Edited by Mike Scott

On 3/17/2019 at 8:00 PM, tv horror said:

No I haven't is it any good, I normally only like classic horror, in fact I don't watch anything made after 1969:bigsmile: or so it's been joked to me that Hollywood stopped making horror movies then.(thumbsu   

I dunno about that...The Exorcist was pretty scary last time I peeked...