• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,021 posts in this topic

On 3/30/2019 at 12:07 PM, 1950's war comics said:

‘Twilight Zone’ review: Uneven homage proves Rod Serling was one of a kind

March 28, 2019 | 7:30pm

Peele’s reboot of “The Twilight Zone,”  is the third attempt by Serling admirers to recapture the strikingly eerie quality of the original CBS series (1959-64), but Peele, who gives off the severity of a funeral home director in his host capacity, only partially delivers the goods.

I will have to check this new show out soon I read that some good new episodes are coming out soon , highly rated episodes‼️‼️👍🆒💚‼️🤔🤓

2 hours ago, tv horror said:

I just read that story recently let's just say he was forewarned about the four-armed!!!:bigsmile:

My doctor forbids me to eat chocolate something about being a diabetic. As I was never a sweet eater I don't miss them however I'll tell you a funny thing. When I'm out shopping now I can't stay away from the Danish buns or the sweet rack now that's odd.:roflmao:

So long as you're refraining from putting the hole's in doghnuts, you go ahead Maurice. (thumbsu I'm strictly on dark chocolate now!, good for the heart(thumbsu

3 hours ago, Gnasher said:

dark chocolate

I wonder why we never got any monster packages on the eggs? I've seen Super heroes Dr Who even Harry Potter but no monsters! You'd think that with all the monster marketing some company would issue the odd egg but no. This CRACKS me up. Look even Humpty dumpty has an egg.:slapfight:

P.S Does the US have Easter eggs?

download.jpg

11 hours ago, pemart1966 said:

I've never seen this one before.  Assuming that it's not shopped AND that it's not a gag photo, why would March attempt to eat whatever that is with a set of Hyde choppers????

it looks like it could be photo shopped , neat period piece photograph to look at though  !

6 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

it looks like it could be photo shopped

No it's real as that's the director in the middle,  there was a infamous scene shot for the movie that was censored, this scene features March as Hyde eating a Canary bird (Not Tweety) while he is in the park.(thumbsu Maybe that publicity photo hints that Hyde is uncouth and would eat anything. 

I heard from the grapevine that a young Victor Frankenstein sent for these patterns as a child to hone his skills, do you think there is any truth to this rumour?:bigsmile:

1196813358_images(1).jpg.3514cb5b540ff20db20cd5ef5b4370bc.jpgdownload.jpg.f96e7a3a75e23b9588402607a71f7a3b.jpgimages.jpg.9e9ffb9e1760a02509b67ed399321408.jpg

As he progressed he got more skilled.

1781574908_images(2).jpg.50b248219cef4b94bce22a404367fed0.jpg

The man who invented paint-by-numbers has died at the age of 93

Updated 7:22 PM ET, Fri April 5, 2019

The man behind the American pastime of paint-by-numbers pictures died on April 1 at the age of 93. according to his son. Dan Robbins created the first pictures and helped popularize paint-by-numbers kits in the 1950s.

A portrait of paint-by-numbers creator Dan Robbins, who died on April 1 at the age of 93.

A portrait of paint-by-numbers creator Dan Robbins, who died on April 1 at the age of 93.

On 2/16/2019 at 2:42 PM, 1950's war comics said:

Wow ,.. look how young Mr Bald looks  even in his 2013 photo !!

Ken Bald
6.29.13KenBaldByLuigiNovi1.jpg
Bald in 2013
Born Kenneth Bruce Bald
August 1, 1920 (age 98)
New York City, New York
Nationality American
Area(s) Penciller, Inker
Pseudonym(s) K. Bruce
Spouse(s) Kaye Dowd
Children 5

Kenneth Bruce Bald (born August 1, 1920)[1] is an American illustrator and comic book artist best known for the Dr. Kildare and Dark Shadows newspaper comic strips. Due to contractual obligations, he is credited as "K. Bruce" on the Dark Shadows strip

Image result for dark shadows newspaper strip

R.I.P.  Ken Bald age 98

08/01/20 - 04/05/19

Wiki page on the painting of Dorian Gray

150px-The_Picture_of_Dorian_Gray-_Ivan_A

Albright's painting of Dorian Gray, from the 1945 film

, Art Institute of Chicago

Two paintings of the character Dorian Gray were used in the film. The painting entitled Picture of Dorian Gray[4]used at the end of the film was painted on commission during the making of the film in 1943-1944 by Ivan Le Lorraine Albright, an American artist who was well known as a painter of the macabre. Created specifically for use in the film, it is now part of the art collection of the Art Institute of Chicago. Albright had to paint the picture while the movie was being made in order to show Dorian Gray's physical transformation as his evil actions changed him into a horrid image in the painting, while his actual physical appearance remained that of a young man. At the film's climax, Gray "killed" the painting by piercing it through its heart with a knife, thus killing himself when his physical appearance changed to that of the painting.

The portrait of Dorian Gray seen in the beginning of the film was painted by Henrique Medina and is entitled Portrait of Hurd Hatfield as Dorian Gray. It was originally sold at an MGM auction in 1970 when the contents of the studio were sold at a series of auctions lasting several months. It was then sold in a Butterfield and Butterfield Entertainment Memorabilia auction in 1997 for $17,250, and in 2015 it was sold at Christie's, New York for $149,000 and is believed to be in a private collection.[5]

On 4/4/2019 at 1:53 AM, pemart1966 said:

I've never seen this one before.  Assuming that it's not shopped AND that it's not a gag photo, why would March attempt to eat whatever that is with a set of Hyde choppers????

Same reason he's drinking tea straight from the pot, as a joke. 

This one should have no doubts about..

d4616d908b6a9d64b4b50f6d9442fb01.jpg

Edited by Gnasher