• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,021 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, tv horror said:

I hope he's not implying that he only makes Turkeys! :bigsmile:

imageproxy.jpg

I think that photo had to do with the publicity for The Birds..... It's not in this trailer, but I have a feeling there may be an alternative trailer...

The lovely Miss Hobson who was also born in N.Ireland along with Una O'Connor both starred in the Bride of Frankenstein.:foryou: I got a nice autographed photo from her, actually when I got her address it said on the address (Profumo) under her name at the time I thought it was the name of her house! It was later I learnt that she had married John Profumo MP who was involved in the Keller scandal. 

imageproxy.jpg.60028d18725eb64d89e2d869a73f82bf.jpg

Una O'Connor

download.jpg

1 minute ago, tv horror said:

The lovely Miss Hobson who was also born in N.Ireland along with Una O'Connor both starred in the Bride of Frankenstein.:foryou: I got a nice autographed photo from her, actually when I got her address it said on the address (Profumo) under her name at the time I thought it was the name of her house! It was later I learnt that she had married John Profumo MP who was involved in the Keller scandal. 

imageproxy.jpg.60028d18725eb64d89e2d869a73f82bf.jpg

Una O'Connor

download.jpg

Is that the well known Helen Keller scandal, or the lesser known Christine Keeler one lol

Hitchcock holding an egg? 

Read this bit of an article:

FOR DECADES, ALFRED HITCHCOCK WAS a cinematic giant. Decades of making films such as The Birds and Dial M for Murder established his reputation as “The Master of Suspense.” It was a reputation Hitchcock played up off-set as well, even at dinnertime. At two of Hitchcock’s dinner parties, every single item of food was blue. At another, every dish was death-themed.

Hitchcock’s culinary quirks stemmed from his love-hate relationship with food. He had an uneasy childhood as the son of an English grocer. Once, when his parents stepped out at night while he slept, young Hitchcock woke up unexpectedly. His parents found him eating cold meat and crying. As an adult, he couldn’t stand cold meat, and he loathed eggs (their shape unnerved him) and cheese. Food took on meaningful quality in many of his films as well, from the sinister sandwiches in Psycho to Grace Kelly’s coy offer of “a leg or a breast” of chicken in To Catch a Thief.

4 hours ago, tv horror said:

Hitchcock holding an egg? 

Read this bit of an article:

FOR DECADES, ALFRED HITCHCOCK WAS a cinematic giant. Decades of making films such as The Birds and Dial M for Murder established his reputation as “The Master of Suspense.” It was a reputation Hitchcock played up off-set as well, even at dinnertime. At two of Hitchcock’s dinner parties, every single item of food was blue. At another, every dish was death-themed.

Hitchcock’s culinary quirks stemmed from his love-hate relationship with food. He had an uneasy childhood as the son of an English grocer. Once, when his parents stepped out at night while he slept, young Hitchcock woke up unexpectedly. His parents found him eating cold meat and crying. As an adult, he couldn’t stand cold meat, and he loathed eggs (their shape unnerved him) and cheese. Food took on meaningful quality in many of his films as well, from the sinister sandwiches in Psycho to Grace Kelly’s coy offer of “a leg or a breast” of chicken in To Catch a Thief.

It's mentioned quite a bit in documentaries, his aversion to eggs, but he doesn't seem to worried about handling an egg for sure.

(thumbsu

10 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Len's just looking for trouble!

7GHqOVwMYbE-nNXGsVXo89fFO-kwbzZ9YKSyyaaJ

I just read that story recently let's just say he was forewarned about the four-armed!!!:bigsmile:

10 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Not so much for me

My doctor forbids me to eat chocolate something about being a diabetic. As I was never a sweet eater I don't miss them however I'll tell you a funny thing. When I'm out shopping now I can't stay away from the Danish buns or the sweet rack now that's odd.:roflmao: