• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Cap #3 the Action #7 of it's title run ?
1 1

86 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Is there even a 2-page centerfold spread for Cap #3 because I don't believe there is?  ???

Does anybody here have a scan of this apparent centerfold image for Cap #3 since I would sure like to see what it looks like?  :wishluck:

Just looked thru “Captain America The Classic Years”, and confirmed, there is no 2 page CF in issue 3. Those begin with #6.

18 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:
4 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Is there even a 2-page centerfold spread for Cap #3 because I don't believe there is?  ???

Does anybody here have a scan of this apparent centerfold image for Cap #3 since I would sure like to see what it looks like?  :wishluck:

Just looked thru “Captain America The Classic Years”, and confirmed, there is no 2 page CF in issue 3. Those begin with #6.

Thanks and that's indeed good to know.  (thumbsu

I just absolutely love those 2-page centerfolds out of the couple of Cap books I have which had them.  :cloud9:

Any idea how far along into the Cap run they went before they stopped doing them?  hm

2 hours ago, G.A.tor said:
8 hours ago, Spiderturtle said:

cap 3 cgc 7.5, $100k book?

:wishluck:

1C15C426-487A-4C67-8265-15AB43A7D690.jpeg

Rick;

Well, since you are one of Bob's advisors, are you the one that's advising him to keep the valuation for this high in-demand book down at only $15,300 in this condition?  :screwy:  lol

Well, at least he finally moved the Cap 3 into the same valuations as Cap 2 for all listed conditions below VF/NM 9.0.  Maybe you should advise him that Cap 3 should be valued well above Cap 2 in ALL grades across the entire condition spectrum for this year's edition of the guide.  :wishluck:

Seriously though, it's a bit of a puzzle why he doesn't pay more attention to his advisors since I know that you are a strong proponent that Cap 3 is definitely worth more than a Cap 2 in the current marketplace and has also been that way for several years now.  (thumbsu

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Rick;

Well, since you are one of Bob's advisors, are you the one that's advising him to keep the valuation for this high in-demand book down at only $15,300 in this condition?  :screwy:  lol

Well, at least he finally moved the Cap 3 into the same valuations as Cap 2 for all listed conditions below VF/NM 9.0.  Maybe you should advise him that Cap 3 should be valued well above Cap 2 in ALL grades across the entire condition spectrum for this year's edition of the guide.  :wishluck:

Seriously though, it's a bit of a puzzle why he doesn't pay more attention to his advisors since I know that you are a strong proponent that Cap 3 is definitely worth more than a Cap 2 in the current marketplace and has also been that way for several years now.  (thumbsu

What percentage of board members uses the overstreet as a price guide?  Maybe as reference for $1-10 books?

Edited by Spiderturtle

6 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Rick;

Overstreet has his method for doing his price guide.  Reality is that for in demand books (and for the not in demand books), a once a year guide really can’t be all that relative for accurate or up to date pricing in today’s instant Information Age. 

3 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Whoa!!! That is beautiful right there glwts!! 

My copy is not the one up for auction but if that copy hits 100k, then you bet I’m selling lol

Edited by G.A.tor

10 hours ago, G.A.tor said:
13 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Whoa!!! That is beautiful right there glwts!! 

My copy is not the one up for auction but if that copy hits 100k, then you bet I’m selling lol

In any other auction, it might have had a chance at cracking the $100K mark, but probably not in this particular auction here.

Especially when you've got 16 different copies of the first 11 issues of Cap, including duplicates of the Cap 3 itself in the same auction here.

Reminds me a bit of the last CC auction whereby they had 24 different copies of the pre-Robin 'Tec books (inc. 'Tec 38 here) and the feeling was that the books had under performed as compared to previous auction results. 

Will definitely draw the attention of collectors for these books here, but sometimes too much selection options and availability to potential bidders will result in lower than expected prices for the books in question. hm

16 hours ago, lou_fine said:

In any other auction, it might have had a chance at cracking the $100K mark, but probably not in this particular auction here.

Especially when you've got 16 different copies of the first 11 issues of Cap, including duplicates of the Cap 3 itself in the same auction here.

Reminds me a bit of the last CC auction whereby they had 24 different copies of the pre-Robin 'Tec books (inc. 'Tec 38 here) and the feeling was that the books had under performed as compared to previous auction results. 

Will definitely draw the attention of collectors for these books here, but sometimes too much selection options and availability to potential bidders will result in lower than expected prices for the books in question. hm

The other cap 3 is restored.  Zero effect on the 7.5; different class of buyers.  

1 hour ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Looks like couple of bidders have put their foot down and marked their territory.  You can still put in a tracking bid on the 6.5

14 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

Looks like couple of bidders have put their foot down and marked their territory.  You can still put in a tracking bid on the 6.5

Yep!! that one should clear 60K or as I would like to call it, Out if my league haha!! 

On 4/9/2018 at 12:15 PM, Dark Knight said:

I think so in a way. Although it is not caps 2nd cover appearance, I think cap 3 is the 2nd most desirable and valuable Cap book in the run similar to how action 7 is.

I said this for years, and heard over and over from dealers/collectors/experts that "nobody cares"  and they "never will."   

2 hours ago, bluechip said:

I said this for years, and heard over and over from dealers/collectors/experts that "nobody cares"  and they "never will."   

You never heard that from me :o

32 minutes ago, walclark said:

This was my first Board purchase a few years ago.  I had just recently joined and it was a little nerve racking to be sending money to some alligator loving dealer down in Florida.  Worked out OK.

cap3.jpg.b786b4b7362c65ca8cf3ee6eecab9e6e.jpg

Sweet