• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay listings that constantly appear in your searches and make you want to tear your own head off because you know they're NEVER GOING TO SELL and that they will be there FOREVER until you die
3 3

72 posts in this topic

On 7/28/2024 at 6:25 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I’ve seriously wondered if this seller is deceased. I’ve sent him 3 messages, over a 3 year time span, mostly asking about back cover. No response 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254446488000

Just buy and you will get all your answerslol

In my quest to complete a collection of slabs of all of the original Milestone books – which, *ahem*, CGC thinks I'm doing a pretty good job of https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/13132/registry-award-winners-2024/?utm_source=CGC&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=24_CGC_RegistryWinners_0726 (pats self on back) – I keep on seeing these two listings. The regular edition doesn't have many 9.8s on the census, but that's mostly because there's not much value in grading it. The DCU logo version has sold in 9.8 in the 150-175 range.

ScreenShot2024-07-28at10_22_35PM.thumb.png.7f7eb81264ba9802e9559adb3bdb3c24.pngScreenShot2024-07-28at10_22_43PM.thumb.png.47d7260cc15adf75687937a3b1d0cfd5.png

Edited by GeeksAreMyPeeps

On 7/28/2024 at 5:45 PM, OtherEric said:

Not in the slightest.

Now, the LISTER'S head... (I won't call them sellers because the whole point is they're not actually selling the damn things...)

Yes. I think I started this thread as a bit of mucking aboutery, back in the day when mucking aboutery had more willing participants. There was some reactive humour dotted about then, but it all got wiped, as I recall, in the aftermath of 'like reaction abuse-gate'. Those were the days. Anyway, I was just looking for a home for the Ted post, and happened across it. See you in another 6 years time, Eric, maybe?

On 7/28/2024 at 7:33 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

because there's not much value in grading it

Ahh, but you're the one that needs it for your registry set...  so there IS value in grading it.

When more points were being given to books with sharpie marker scrawl over the front covers....  I took a hard look at why I was playing that game.

@Get Marwood & I  So four years ago, I read Ben's blog which is full of your data, and then we started our bromance....

image.gif.46e0fe7a9d273bfc6ec63f805a6109a5.gif

(Not that Ben).....there's a lot of data there about newsstand variants and about Canadian variants, and the potential rarity.  I then noted this expensive little beauty, which I think was £800 or £900 at the time, and thought, in my childlike ignorance 'wow, those variants really do go for big bucks'.

image.thumb.png.e1a0992093fa4728e44636ede0291c35.png

More than four years later, this bloody thing is still staring at me in my watchlist. I mean, I could delete it, but it's like when you're kept in a call queue for.....well, four years. It becomes a sheer test of endurance. 

On 7/29/2024 at 6:59 PM, Malacoda said:

@Get Marwood & I  So four years ago, I read Ben's blog which is full of your data, and then we started our bromance....

image.gif.46e0fe7a9d273bfc6ec63f805a6109a5.gif

(Not that Ben).....there's a lot of data there about newsstand variants and about Canadian variants, and the potential rarity.  I then noted this expensive little beauty, which I think was £800 or £900 at the time, and thought, in my childlike ignorance 'wow, those variants really do go for big bucks'.

image.thumb.png.e1a0992093fa4728e44636ede0291c35.png

More than four years later, this bloody thing is still staring at me in my watchlist. I mean, I could delete it, but it's like when you're kept in a call queue for.....well, four years. It becomes a sheer test of endurance. 

:42482691_hugemoji2:

On 7/30/2024 at 12:59 AM, Malacoda said:

On the fifth anniversary, they'll probably send you an offer for £497.50 "because you showed an interest in this item....." :bigsmile:

On 7/29/2024 at 5:16 PM, Yorick said:

Ahh, but you're the one that needs it for your registry set...  so there IS value in grading it.

When more points were being given to books with sharpie marker scrawl over the front covers....  I took a hard look at why I was playing that game.

Yeah, I need it, but I also know that book is common as dirt, so there's no way I'm going to pay a premium for it. I can see someone who isn't patient paying a *bit* of a premium, but there's no way that book is selling for 1K. There's one other big Static slab collector I know, and he and I already have two of the three DCU logo 9.8s, so I'm going to guess that 9.6 isn't going anywhere at that price either.

On 4/9/2018 at 9:27 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

hm

Not a bad idea EP. Less painful than head removal I'm thinking.

Arrange collection of item and tear their head off instead ?

Edited by Max Carnage

On 8/10/2024 at 1:13 AM, kcm54 said:

This one is pretty bad: 

Capture.thumb.PNG.4152a6ec3634c97ae24cee97a161b31e.PNG

It is an obvious boardie though lol no harm no foul, but the cojones :banana: