• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK PANTHER 2 directed by Ryan Coogler (TBD)
8 8

829 posts in this topic

On 11/5/2022 at 12:26 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

They did the same s**t with Shang-Chi, so I guess they thought, "why not?"

They pronounce it both ways. I posted a Jimmy Kimmel clip with Huerta earlier in the thread, it's talked about in there. They wanted to mimic what it's like for many foreign people, especially Latinos, whose names end up having two pronunciations; the way it's pronounced in the Mexican communities (or Tlalocan in this place, calling him Namor like 'amour') and the Wakandans, the foreigners, who pronounce it Namor (the pronunciation we're used to). So both pronunciations are used in BP2, in an attempt to mimic real life. 

On 11/4/2022 at 10:29 AM, Cat said:

They pronounce it both ways. I posted a Jimmy Kimmel clip with Huerta earlier in the thread, it's talked about in there. They wanted to mimic what it's like for many foreign people, especially Latinos, whose names end up having two pronunciations; the way it's pronounced in the Mexican communities (or Tlalocan in this place, calling him Namor like 'amour') and the Wakandans, the foreigners, who pronounce it Namor (the pronunciation we're used to). So both pronunciations are used in BP2, in an attempt to mimic real life. 

i hear you, but even a single rhyme with "amour" is cause for a boycott, it seems clear to me.

On 11/4/2022 at 11:29 AM, Cat said:

Well, that's certainly better than Shang-Chi's situation.

On 11/4/2022 at 8:26 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

They did the same s**t with Shang-Chi, so I guess they thought, "why not?"

I am trying real hard to like this stuff. I really dont like the aztec look including the bone through his nose. I really dont like that he is from Talocan instead of Atlantis, and the name pronunciation pushes it even further in a direction of dislike. 

On 11/4/2022 at 2:16 PM, Artboy99 said:

I am trying real hard to like this stuff. I really dont like the aztec look including the bone through his nose. I really dont like that he is from Talocan instead of Atlantis, and the name pronunciation pushes it even further in a direction of dislike. 

i feel the same way; simply hoping for the best.   i didn't think keaton was right for batman, either...

On 11/4/2022 at 1:20 PM, Straw-Man said:

i feel the same way; simply hoping for the best.   i didn't think keaton was right for batman, either...

True, once i saw the film with Keaton i really liked him.

My goodness.  Both the scenes they have released for this so far have been absolutely dreadful.  Getting past the purely superficial glaze from that first cirque du soleil trailer it seems like there is going to be a lot for comic book nerds to dislike and nitpick here., and a lot for casual fans to dislike in terms of some ridiculous over acting from Angela basset,, riri Williams looks like another Disney Mary Sue for people to cringe at, and the less said about ,",Namour", the better.  But of course,, the critics will all absolutely love it.  

My prediction- $165MM opening weekend, and a steep 60‐65% second weekend drop with a final world wide of $800‐900MM, and all but forgotten by the time avatar 2 drops three weeks later  (much like this will put Black Adam out of its misery next week)- only about 400-500MM below the first BP.   :eyeroll:

Maybe those numbers will finally make Feige just recast the damn role?  I mean you have a freaking multiverse now.  

-J.