• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK PANTHER 2 directed by Ryan Coogler (TBD)
8 8

829 posts in this topic

On 10/21/2022 at 2:42 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I think there’s going to be a big misfire on WF. The marketing is extremely disjointed, all over the place and lacks any sort of coherence. I don’t know if that’s a reflection of the film, but it’s not generally a good thing when $100M (guessing) in marketing can’t convey the general premise concisely.

It seems very much like a DC movie: too many differing ideas, visuals, expressions and overwrought points they are going to try to wedge into one film. It looks completely different from Black Panther, which was an amazingly balanced movie. 

calm down Don Draper :baiting:

On 10/21/2022 at 2:33 PM, jsilverjanet said:

calm down Don Draper :baiting:

I am shorter, fatter, balder and less prone to day drinking than Don Draper, thank you.

On 10/21/2022 at 5:10 PM, Larryw7 said:

The changes to Subby, plus not recasting Black Panther, makes this a "wait for Blu-ray" movie for me.

Yup. 

They'll bury T'challa (at least for now in this dumb movie) but they'll recast red hulk for a thunderbolts movie because we all know how important and historic that character is.   :eyeroll:

Funny, I just dont see that ending well for marvel.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

On 10/21/2022 at 5:10 PM, Larryw7 said:

The changes to Subby, plus not recasting Black Panther, makes this a "wait for Blu-ray" movie for me.

This. While I'm sure it's not what they wanted, I can't help but feel Boseman's tragic passing relieved Marvel from having to think up a way to write him out in order to promote his inevitable (and probably superior) replacement. 

I like Namor's character, but the ankle wings were difficult (for me) to accept in the comics, and on some level I always just 'went with it'. I didn't watch the trailer, but it doesn't take much imagination to visualize them flapping. I don't think it will be as easy for me to just 'go with it' without a chuckle or two, which is kinda funny in itself since I'd probably resent it if they chose to clip them.

I haven't watched SNL since shortly after Hartman was murdered, but when I think of the ankle-wings the first thing that comes to mind is a parody skit.