• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK PANTHER 2 directed by Ryan Coogler (TBD)
8 8

829 posts in this topic

@therealsilvermane really got me thinking last night on the drive home - I'd had not put together just how big the whole Wakanda world could be, and the importance of it to black culture and the opportunity for them to participate at the omega nerd levels that GoT, LoTR or X-Men fans have been able to do for decades. Like he had mentioned, Blade, Luke Cage, etc were just characters in the world, no one really had a supporting cast or place of origin that was distinctly them.

The more I think about it, the cooler that whole idea has become to me, and Marvel - whether by accident or design - has nailed something super important.

I think I looked at the trailer as something that was supposed to be a somewhat stand-alone story with a new villain, challenges, etc. I think I'm going to rewatch it again, but look at it as a continuation of the story of Wakanda and it's characters. I was pretty critical of the trailer in the terms that it wasn't giving me (the viewer) a lot of explanation, and perhaps that's not the point. It's the next installment of a great group of characters navigating the next adventure - giving us the opportunity to learn more about they are weaving the fictional Wakandan culture.

On 11/10/2022 at 3:11 PM, piper said:

(shrug) 7.3 on IMDB and 85% on RT indicates it should be watchable.

Imdb is almost nothing but troll and bot accounts at this point and the RT algorithm is proven to be biased and flawed and easily manipulated.

Which is why many people consider metacritic to be the most "accurate" and un-corrupted (for now at least) source.  

-J.

On 11/11/2022 at 4:26 AM, piper said:

I didn't know they remade this film.

You've got to watch it. It's sooo bad, it's great.