• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask the “Blazing One”???
4 4

259 posts in this topic

I've never had any regrets in the comic business.  I've been disappointed in the way some people do business in the comic business.  

I did the best I could with my original website and then I worked with Lou who has helped my business go to the next level.

While I know more then a few successful shop owners I would never open a brick and mortar store.  Was never my business model.  

For the record I do not drink Coke Zero.  My beverage of choice at shows is good coffee,  Grande Regular,  3-4 brown raw sugar and half and half leaning towards the light side.

I am not happy that the Yankee's lost 2-1 last night.  Houston pitcher did great in shutting them down.  I have not gotten my morning Thumbs up Astro's text from Richard yet.

I was happy with the NY Giant's draft picks.  However,  part of me is in agreement with some of the sports talk announcers that Eli better step up this year.

Rangers are old and need retooling.

Knicks haven't gotten me excited since Willis, Dave, Earl the Pearl,  Clyde, Dave, Bill Bradley.  I watch,  I get disgusted and I change channels.

Edited by blazingbob

8 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

For the record I do not drink Coke Zero.  My beverage of choice at shows is good coffee,  Grande Regular,  3-4 brown raw sugar and half and half leaning towards the light side.

I am not happy that the Yankee's lost 2-1 last night.  Houston pitcher did great in shutting them down.  I have not gotten my morning Thumbs up Astro's text from Richard yet.

I was happy with the NY Giant's draft picks.  However,  part of me is in agreement with some of the sports talk announcers that Eli better step up this year.

Rangers are old and need retooling.

Knicks haven't gotten me excited since Willis, Dave, Earl the Pearl,  Clyde, Dave, Bill Bradley.  I watch,  I get disgusted and I change channels.

I'm glad but surprised by your being a Rangers fan. Figured you went for Islanders? Must be lonely during hockey season where you are? lol

19 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Has there been a comic(s) you wanted (either personally or for inv) that had eluded you ?

As a dealer and not using the auction houses as my personal shopping stores I have not seen or been offered a lot of Suspense #3's.  Cap #1 seems to elude me also.  I find that when I don't want/need something there are a lot of them.  Minute I need them for customers they are never available.

36 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

I like Kirby art,  I like Schomburg,  I like Adams,  LB cole stuff is good.  Kirby has a very large representation of work out there.  They didn't call him Kirby the King lightly.

Would you say that Kirby's genius for creating characters and universes - the King's Mythos- puts him on a level above those you mentioned in the same sentence?

21 hours ago, blazingbob said:

Yankees, Giants, Knicks and Rangers.

Not the Islanders and you live on the Island??  Sheesh.  :baiting:Just read you're a Yonkers guy, that 'splains it.

Edited by zosocane