• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need advice on a sale that is going sideways
7 7

573 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

finance with a bank. You would be surprised at what they will do.

hm

Sounds like the beginning of a dirty movie.

9 hours ago, wombat said:

I am the same way. Heck, we combined all of our finances before we were even married. It works for us. I was actually surprised when I heard people kept separate finances. But obviously different things work for different people. 

Same for us, always been combined. Anything purchase over $50 we discuss, and anything under $50 is for personal use. It sounds like a small amount but we found that the rule works for us, I can go to Gamestop and buy a few used games or she can come home with a new pair of shoes, and there are no argument.

One of our LCS has a rewards program ($10 back per $100 spent), so we share the rewards card too.

On 6/13/2018 at 11:12 AM, Columbia Comics said:

Wow...this thread is...just wow!

I’ve dealt with Jeff for a few years and would gladly vouch for him at any time. Hell of he was in a bind, I’d send him some money, no questions asked. 

Now if @Jaymole was in a bind, after all we’ve seen, he wouldn’t get one Canadian cent from me (and I suspect zero from almost everyone else here). 

The constant excuses, blaming others, the “whoa is me” financial excuses...are just lame and pathetic.  The implications that a potential scam was taking place: well that’s just disgusting.  

Asking for a further discount after the fact so you don’t lose money, well that just sickens me even more! 

Why should Jeff lose money?  Your cheap arse should have taken the books, sold them for what you could have gotten and taken the loss. NOT JEFF!!! 

It’s sad that you want to hide behind excuse after excuse.

This may seem harsh but Jeff is a friend and shouldn’t have had to deal with any of this.  

Probably best for me to stop posting now.  Also probably best for @Jaymole to disappear for another two (or 20) years.  Your rep is shot and although we have had dealings in the past, I’d never send you one cent again.  

Great, here come the “classy” boardies.

Edited by Sardo Numspar

On 6/13/2018 at 5:16 PM, Artboy99 said:

yes she collected shoes! Over 100 pair.

She hated that the resources put into comics were not available for her disposal to do whatever she felt was more important.

I came home from work one day and found all of my comics gone. She said she threw them away in an effort to "teach me a lesson on what is important". The next day I threw away all of her shoes. I left her one pair of dress shoes, her sneakers and winter boots. I attached a sticky note: "Definitely learned thank you". The relationship ended poorly. As I said good riddance, she was extremely self centered and I grew tired of it.

Brilliant! 

3 hours ago, buttock said:

Brilliant! 

3 hours ago, buttock said:
  On 6/13/2018 at 3:16 PM, Artboy99 said:

She hated that the resources put into comics were not available for her disposal to do whatever she felt was more important.

I came home from work one day and found all of my comics gone. She said she threw them away in an effort to "teach me a lesson on what is important". The next day I threw away all of her shoes. I left her one pair of dress shoes, her sneakers and winter boots. I attached a sticky note: "Definitely learned thank you". The relationship ended poorly. As I said good riddance, she was extremely self centered and I grew tired of it.

Man I hope she screamed and hollered.

Is anyone else having trouble quoting multiple posts?  I highlight selection but 'quote this' hardly ever pops up.  I have to keep highlighting over and over, from different directions, different sections and sometimes it pops up usually not.  WTF???  The above I dont know what I did I just kept clicking stuff.  HELP

Plus it came out backwards???  why

and that little plus sign thing in quote box at bottom that is 'multi quote'-you click on that and it quotes ONE quote only-htf is that multi quote???

Edited by kav

5 hours ago, kav said:

Is anyone else having trouble quoting multiple posts?  I highlight selection but 'quote this' hardly ever pops up.  I have to keep highlighting over and over, from different directions, different sections and sometimes it pops up usually not.  WTF???  The above I dont know what I did I just kept clicking stuff.  HELP

and that little plus sign thing in quote box at bottom that is 'multi quote'-you click on that and it quotes ONE quote only-htf is that multi quote???

I individually hit quote on each post.  In other words, hit quote on the first one, then go to the second one and hit quote.  That plus thing or highlighting never worked for me.  

5 hours ago, kav said:

The newest upgrade to the software limits the number of times a user can do a quote/response to a single post and you exceeded the limit on artboy99's shoe tossing post. 

9 hours ago, kav said:

I've found that if I highlight then "right click", the "quote" thing shows up, but don't hit anything in the "right click" menu, just the "quote selection" icon when it pops up (thumbsu 

Also it is even harder on the phone, if you want to "quote" from multiple pages on the phone then.... you can forget about it ha.

21 hours ago, kav said:

Yes. Been that way for a few weeks.

I use Mozilla.

12 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I've found that if I highlight then "right click", the "quote" thing shows up, but don't hit anything in the "right click" menu, just the "quote selection" icon when it pops up

I'm on a PC and it doesn't work all the time. Sometimes it's annoying.

On 6/15/2018 at 9:22 PM, buttock said:
On 6/13/2018 at 6:16 PM, Artboy99 said:

Brilliant! 

I wonder what poor soul she ended up with to torment.

49 minutes ago, VintageComics said:
12 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I've found that if I highlight then "right click", the "quote" thing shows up, but don't hit anything in the "right click" menu, just the "quote selection" icon when it pops up

I'm on a PC and it doesn't work all the time. Sometimes it's annoying.

ever since I right clicked its gone back to normal and working fine now