• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HA buyer premium "change"

25 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Doc Joe said:

Heritage provides an excellent experience; they have great catalogs, their auction hours are favorable for European buyers 

They have great customer service and yes if you are consigning items that are valuable then you can get discounts on the fees depending on the item, how much you have brought with them in the past and how much you have sold. 

I think the live auction experience can 'extract' more out of people that the sudden end of clink or the utter confusion and madness that is comic connect. 

There are times when I am out sniped on comiclink and yes I would have paid more, HA allows for that and works the collector psychology well. 

If you are trying to consign garbage then of course you won't get a deal. Go to eBay

As a fairly new collector I have to say HA is an absolute joy to deal with. My only complaint is that when my Sunday night invoice email comes it actually isn't ready yet for me to pay it ;)

3 hours ago, cstojano said:

As a fairly new collector I have to say HA is an absolute joy to deal with. My only complaint is that when my Sunday night invoice email comes it actually isn't ready yet for me to pay it ;)

I would agree it's excellect to deal with. Product is also shipped quickly and packed well. 

The question, I think, is whether the premium charged is justified when compared to other auction services, and whether the extra 0.5%, as small as it is, is "over the top."

I think it's still at "gripe but no action" level, but it's "pushing the envelope" on pricing.

6 hours ago, cstojano said:

That bugs me too! In fact I once got a late notice because I could not pay when the invoice arrived, and I forgot all about it because the email was already read. 

I paid asap when the notice arrived so no penalty, but it was annoying. 

Malvin 

7 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

I would agree it's excellect to deal with. Product is also shipped quickly and packed well. 

The question, I think, is whether the premium charged is justified when compared to other auction services, and whether the extra 0.5%, as small as it is, is "over the top."

I think it's still at "gripe but no action" level, but it's "pushing the envelope" on pricing.

As long as the terms are completely transparent, the buyer should adjust their final bids accordingly.  Service from Heritage has been very good for me as a buyer, and a consignor.  And, I have consigned in other categories.  Same consistent service.  David

I have bought from HA a few times in the past. As a buyer, I don’t have a problem with the fees as I find them easy to understand and navigate. As long as you are bidding at the number which includes the BP there are no surprises. The website, bidding platform, communication, packaging, shipping, and all other logistics of the sale were very good. Heck, even the preview mags that they send are a good read.  All that said, I have a very real problem hitting the bid button due to the light shined on how HA employees can view and bid up ongoing auctions after the whole shilling thread a while back. The one purchase I made was only on the live segment of the auction (I passed on several auctions that I could not participate in the live auction segment).

I also see the point about the fees on both end and see them as excessive. Since I don’t sell, this is not a big factor for me but I do get the complaint. Maybe this is why ComicLink has made such inroads to the comic art market online bidding market. I think they’d do even better if they enhanced their platform (why in the world don’t they share previous auction results?).