• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

INVINCIBLE Animated Series - Amazon (??)
2 2

170 posts in this topic

On 3/29/2021 at 2:46 PM, valiantman said:
On 3/29/2021 at 2:05 PM, FormerReader said:
On 3/29/2021 at 11:20 AM, valiantman said:

If you like comics, then read Invincible.

If you like Invincible comics, then try the cartoon again.

:grin:

Sounds like good advice. I’ve wanted to read the series for some time. Maybe this time I’ll get around to it.

It's probably the only non-Valiant title that I've read every published issue TWICE(thumbsu

Updated. 

7 hours ago, FormerReader said:

You’ve provided a very strong recommendation. I just need to find the time to read this book. I’ve heard nothing, but good things about it.

There are 144 issues, and some of them do very little to move the plot forward, or they create branches of stories that never go anywhere... but compare that to 60+ years of Marvel books or 80+ of D.C., and there's very little to complain about anywhere in the Invincible run.  Contrast that with Walking Dead, or as some have called it, "People Complaining And Sometimes Zombies Show Up".   Same creator, go figure.  :grin:

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/invincible-renewed-season-2-amazon-1234963347/

‘Invincible’ Renewed for Seasons 2 and 3 at Amazon

Invincible Trailer
Courtesy of Amazon Prime Video

Invincible” has been renewed for Seasons 2 and 3 at Amazon.

The announcement was made on Thursday on Twitter by Robert Kirkman alongside Steven Yeun, who voices the show’s main character. The news comes ahead of the Season 1 finale, which will debut on Amazon on April 30.

“I’m extremely thankful to Amazon for the support and dedication they’ve put behind Invincible,” Kirkman said in a separate statement. “The comic book is truly a love letter to a genre that Cory (Walker) and I grew up reading and loving, and it’s been a gratifying journey to watch our characters come to life again through the animated series. We’re beyond excited to continue this story for at least two more seasons.”

The hour-long adult animated series is based on the Skybound/Image comic of the same name by Kirkman, Cory Walker, and Ryan Ottley. It revolves around 17-year-old Mark Grayson (Yeun), who’s just like every other guy his age — except that his father is the most powerful superhero on the planet, Omni-Man (J.K. Simmons). But as Mark develops powers of his own, he discovers that his father’s legacy may not be as heroic as it seems.

Along with Yeun and Simmons, the voice cast also includes: Sandra Oh, Seth Rogen, Gillian Jacobs, Andrew Rannells, Zazie Beetz, Mark Hamill, Walton Goggins, Jason Mantzoukas, Zachary Quinto, Mahershala Ali, Melise, Kevin Michael Richardson, Grey Griffin, Khary Payton, and more.

“Invincible” is produced by Skybound and executive produced by Kirkman, Simon Racioppa, David Alpert, and Catherine Winder. Jeff Allen is supervising director and Linda Lamontagne serves as casting director.

On 4/27/2021 at 5:59 PM, valiantman said:

There are 144 issues, and some of them do very little to move the plot forward, or they create branches of stories that never go anywhere... but compare that to 60+ years of Marvel books or 80+ of D.C., and there's very little to complain about anywhere in the Invincible run.  Contrast that with Walking Dead, or as some have called it, "People Complaining And Sometimes Zombies Show Up".   Same creator, go figure.  :grin:

Have you read any of the other stuff?  Like Invincible Universe or Invincible Returns?  I haven't had a chance to see if any of these are worth the read yet.

Ep #8 is seriously R18+

Brutal - do not let the little 'uns watch......

What a great show - sticks well to the original book but with a couple of little twists.

It's so much better than I thought it would be.

9 /10

6 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Whoa! That first episode had one heck of an intense ending.

:banana:

You only on #1

Damn Bosco, you've got some hardcore violence coming your way, plus a bloody good story wrapped around it. Loved the comic, love the show.

6 hours ago, Beige said:

Ep #8 is seriously R18+

Brutal - do not let the little 'uns watch......

What a great show - sticks well to the original book but with a couple of little twists.

It's so much better than I thought it would be.

9 /10

The finale was great! I was about to go to bed last night and I checked Prime and saw that Ep 8 had dropped so I had to watch. I can’t wait for S2!  

7 hours ago, Beige said:

You only on #1

Damn Bosco, you've got some hardcore violence coming your way, plus a bloody good story wrapped around it. Loved the comic, love the show.

I'm up to Episode 6. This truly is a solid series!

18 hours ago, Capn17 said:

Have you read any of the other stuff?  Like Invincible Universe or Invincible Returns?  I haven't had a chance to see if any of these are worth the read yet.

I read Invincible Returns #1, it's basically issue # 70-and-a-half.  The other stuff is referenced a little in Invincible #1 - #144, but they seem like "spin-off stories" that are explained if they matter to the main Invincible series, and ignored if they don't.

Edited by valiantman

11 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

Read the comics, so I know what is going on, but this is SUCH a good show.

They continue to deviate from the comics enough that even though I know what's going to happen, I don't know what's going to happen.  Episode 8, I'm looking at you.

Epsiode was wild and crazy!!!!  I flipped through the books, to show my wife, and can't believe how much was right from the source (more or less).

So happy its been renewed for at least 2 more seasons.  I heard Kirkman has enough material for 7 seasons, which would be glorious!!