• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

INVINCIBLE Animated Series - Amazon (??)
2 2

170 posts in this topic

On 9/5/2023 at 12:22 PM, WolverineX said:
On 9/5/2023 at 10:16 AM, valiantman said:

I missed this when it was released, but I just watched it the other day.  I was expecting a "teaser" for Season 2... nope, this is 56 minutes. (thumbsu 

Are prices for invincible 1 going to go back up?

Hard to say... things are falling, so it might be a situation where the Invincible prices just stabilize while other books continue to fall.

On 11/20/2023 at 5:01 AM, WolverineX said:

Dude season two episode three was so freaking good. Is there anyone else watching this show? @Cat

Still got to start. Might do it today, actually. 

I saw DST's new offerings for the month. They're finally making a Rex Splode action figure. That's enough to make me want to collect the whole line, if only their Eve face wasn't so off. 

Edited by Cat

On 11/20/2023 at 5:01 AM, WolverineX said:

Dude season two episode three was so freaking good. Is there anyone else watching this show? @Cat

Almost up to date on this now, two episodes to go. Loving it, just as good as the comics in its own way. My only dislike was Amber in season one. She was giving him all that carp over his absences and throwing tanties, but then reveals she knew his secret anyway? Good gods woman, what the hell? That made no sense and just made me hate her. Maybe it's just me, but they seemed to have tried to make her more likeable in season two so far, and it's working, but still. 

I didn't mind the change to the Atlantis sequence, though it's weird the show seems to be going out of it's way to avoid the word 'sex' or any connotation of it, but I did like that Aquarus was a title, and that doesn't seem to be the case on the show version. Oh well. 

On 1/23/2024 at 2:17 PM, The humble Watcher lurking said:

This is a great show. Bad news this and The Boys show on Amazon might have destroyed Marvel and DC to mainstream. 

People like Invincible and The Boys. After watching both Amazon shows. Hard to take the other super heroes movies and shows seriously anymore. 

Crazy, but maybe true. :fear:

I don't agree with it ruining Marvel and DC.  Marvel is trying to go waken and people aren't buying it nor do they care about the new characters they're trying to push. DC just has some really bad....everything (I say this as a huge DC comic fan).  I would like to contribute that the Invincible comics are way better than anything Marvel or DC has put out in a long time.  If you haven't read the comics you should.

Edited by thegiftedone45
refuses to let me write w0ke

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the season. Frankly I think it's too long a break for such a short amount of episodes in the first place, but whatever. Their choice, they think it won't harm their viewership.

On 1/23/2024 at 9:17 PM, The humble Watcher lurking said:

This is a great show. Bad news this and The Boys show on Amazon might have destroyed Marvel and DC to mainstream. 

People like Invincible and The Boys. After watching both Amazon shows. Hard to take the other super heroes movies and shows seriously anymore. 

Crazy, but maybe true. :fear:

Both are excellent but destroying Marvel and DC no. They have done it by themselves. I think almost all the people who talk about Boys and Invincible are in this comic book bubble.  

So, what'd we all think of the new episode? I loved it, and I'm not generally too hot on the Sequid storyline. 

For people who have read the comic, please click here for my thoughts 

Spoiler

I actually preferred Shrinking Rae's death here than Ray's death in the comic. It was far more gruesome, and I actually thought for a second they might change things and have him survive being swallowed.

They wimped out on Rex. I thought we'd see the gun fire, at least. As is not even my mother thinks he's dead. 

On 3/15/2024 at 9:30 AM, Cat said:

So, what'd we all think of the new episode? I loved it, and I'm not generally too hot on the Sequid storyline. 

For people who have read the comic, please click here for my thoughts 

Hide contents

I actually preferred Shrinking Rae's death here than Ray's death in the comic. It was far more gruesome, and I actually thought for a second they might change things and have him survive being swallowed.

They wimped out on Rex. I thought we'd see the gun fire, at least. As is not even my mother thinks he's dead. 

I enjoyed it, not going to lie I've forgotten some details with the comics.  I enjoyed the death you mentioned as they hinted that person would be ok but it wasn't meant to be.

On 3/16/2024 at 11:53 AM, thegiftedone45 said:

I enjoyed it, not going to lie I've forgotten some  details with the comics.  I enjoyed the death you mentioned as they hinted that person would be ok but it wasn't meant to be.

Yeah I actually genuinely thought "oh wow they've changed things, she's okay." then a moment later "Okay, no to that". :roflmao: