• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

INVINCIBLE Animated Series - Amazon (??)
2 2

170 posts in this topic

Very few times does a show exceed the source material, but this episode did.
For any of us who read Invincible issues 11 and 12 are shocking and dramatic.
No way can a show give us that type of detail. Yet the Show exceeded the comic.
This episode was completely brutal and over the top and it needed to be. I loved it.

I buy everything Robert Kirkman writes.  When you see him in interviews, he’s so humble, modest and relays these stories of how hard it was to get his point across when writing comics, or getting lectured at Marvel for being a doofus and the guy is so damn talented.  If you only had those interviews to go buy, you’d never be able to connect him back to Walking Dead or Invincible.  

I’d recommend the following if you haven’t gotten them:

- Oblivion Song - underrated 

- Firepower - IMO - shaping up to be better than Invincible 

I’ve got OutCast on the todo list to read.  

Let me start by saying I am a BIG Invincible fan.  I read it in TPB form and would re-read from start to current volume every year.  It is my favorite superhero comic series. <3

Screenshot_20210506-084103.png.785075e379d9ecf420f238a7f52044c9.png

I am very happy that this series is being turned into a cartoon for all to enjoy.  Overall I am very pleased with this adaptation and looking forward to more.

:popcorn:

Critique in spoiler tags below...

Spoiler

However to be nit-picky, some of the voices don't quite work for me.  I picture J.K. Simmons in my head when I hear his voice and he doesn't look anything like Nolan.  I thought Cecil should have been cast to an older actor and I always thought of him having a Southern accent.  Eve is my favorite character and the voice is pretty good but not quite what I invisioned in my head.  Allen the Alien is another favorite character and a laid-back Seth Rogen doesn't really work for me.

2 hours ago, Norinn Radd said:

Let me start by saying I am a BIG Invincible fan.  I read it in TPB form and would re-read from start to current volume every year.  It is my favorite superhero comic series. <3

Screenshot_20210506-084103.png.785075e379d9ecf420f238a7f52044c9.png

I am very happy that this series is being turned into a cartoon for all to enjoy.  Overall I am very pleased with this adaptation and looking forward to more.

:popcorn:

Critique in spoiler tags below...

Reveal hidden contents

However to be nit-picky, some of the voices don't quite work for me.  I picture J.K. Simmons in my head when I hear his voice and he doesn't look anything like Nolan.  I thought Cecil should have been cast to an older actor and I always thought of him having a Southern accent.  Eve is my favorite character and the voice is pretty good but not quite what I invisioned in my head.  Allen the Alien is another favorite character and a laid-back Seth Rogen doesn't really work for me.

Spoiler

I'll agree Seth Rogan as the Alien kind of threw me, however I think the rest of the voices have been a great match.  J.K. Simmons as Nolan/Omni-man is brilliant, IMO.

55 minutes ago, media_junkie said:
  Hide contents

I'll agree Seth Rogan as the Alien kind of threw me, however I think the rest of the voices have been a great match.  J.K. Simmons as Nolan/Omni-man is brilliant, IMO.

I concur.  Least favorite voice of all characters shown so far.