• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

malpractices by Unknown Comics
1 1

111 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I liked Last Jedi... it was Force Awakens that I still want my money back.  

I quit even attempting to watch any Star Wars stuff after about the fifth movie - chronologically, or not chronologically...., too hard to explain.

I've got better things to do with my life...., like reading threads like this. (:

6 hours ago, Jerkfro said:

I periodically review my ignored boardies list. Sometimes I can't remember why I blocked someone. In the case of the OP, he never fails to remind me with every post he makes. 

I was thinking the same thing.

you know I had this cat on ignore too and I forgot why. Truthfully, I forgot. There's nothing in this thread that is "put on person on ignore" kinda territory. To me this thread is just one of the many swirling around services that promise to delivery 9.8 comics (heaven forbid they're not and it's like a 9.7, but to each their own. Why aren't they 10s? WHY ARE THEY NOT CGC 10?) or getting signatures.

:ohnoez:- kinda stuff

Edited by NoMan

Love me some Ramones but I've been digging on this lately. Hope you're not expecting Beethoven though. Lead singer is also a fantastic artist, does an awful lot of album art for people throughout a certain corner of the metal scene.

EDIT: There is a different official video with attractive females in silly costumes, but it has some nudity so...

Edited by newshane

33 minutes ago, newshane said:

Love me some Ramones but I've been digging on this lately. Hope you're not expecting Beethoven though. Lead singer is also a fantastic artist, does an awful lot of album art for people throughout a certain corner of the metal scene.

EDIT: There is a different official video with attractive females in silly costumes, but it has some nudity so...

Maybe there is some merit to this thread... maybe not... I have to admit that I really don't care. 

So why am I here?

Because this should be the discussion... 

Why is it that so many people expect NM to be 9.8?

Last I checked NM started at 9.4 and could include 9.2.  Everyone is expecting to score 9.8's all the time and seem disappointed even when their new book straight outta Diamond comes back a 9.6. 

So in the meantime... :popcorn:

16 hours ago, rogue14 said:

I have ordered from them a few times with no issues. Ordered some slabs recently, arrived damaged and still waiting. 

Think it might be hit or miss with online stores since we cannot see the products before ordering or shipment are sent. No guarantees I guess in the quality assurance area prior to shipping books out slabbed or raw to the customer.

Maybe some improvement is needed in this area.  Normally speaking most online stores that strive to provide great customer service and value their reputation will resolve issues quickly with either a replacement or a refund.

Edited 6 hours ago by rogue14

Did you escalate yours in Paypal yet? 

Edited by fastballspecial

2 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Eh, Force Awakens wasn’t good, but Last Jedi is a bad movie. It’s an even worse Star Wars movie. 

I didn't like TFA when I saw it in theaters, but on repeat viewings, I think I've accepted it.  Sure, I still hate that's it's the same story as A New Hope and Return of the Jedi, but at least it introduced new characters and set up what could have been potentially good stories for episodes VIII and outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed  Unfortunately that potential was wiped out by TLJ which was just a horrible movie through and through.  The characters that we knew from the original trilogy just felt like shades of themselves.  Not as bad as Hydra Cap, but barely recognizable to a similar extent.

6 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Eh, Force Awakens wasn’t good, but Last Jedi is a bad movie. It’s an even worse Star Wars movie. 

The Last Jedi is the worst Star Wars film of all in my opinion, and I HATED The Force Awakens.

1 minute ago, ExNihilo said:

I didn't like TFA when I saw it in theaters, but on repeat viewings, I think I've accepted it.  Sure, I still hate that's it's the same story as A New Hope and Return of the Jedi, but at least it introduced new characters and set up what could have been potentially good stories for episodes VIII and outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed  Unfortunately that potential was wiped out by TLJ which was just a horrible movie through and through.  The characters that we knew from the original trilogy just felt like shades of themselves.  Not as bad as Hydra Cap, but barely recognizable to a similar extent.

It’s not only a retelling of ANH, but a shoddy one at that. 

It's unfortunate that the Star Wars brand has been taken over by elites who "know better than you."

Jon Kasdan knows better than you, by virtue of being Lawrence Kasdan's son.

That's a manifestation of the societal move towards elitism...."nobility"...that the West has struggled for 250 years to shed itself of.

Kathleen Kennedy, Rian Johnson, Jon Kasdan...all people who think they know better than you, and are intent on making sure their ideology gets on screen. 

The only way to combat this is for their product to fail. "Solo" is a good start.

I happened to come across "Evita" the other day, and I was once again struck by how excellent that production is (Broadway AND film), and how brilliantly Tim Rice managed to capture the spirit of the Argentine people...the way many people look to the elites to lead them, instead of looking to themselves and being the masters of their own destinies. The people, time and time and time again, put their hope and trust in the elites, the Perons, the Guevaras, the Castros, who promise to have the welfare of the people first and foremost, and the people always, without fail, end up disappointed, discovering that the elites said what they needed to gain power, and quickly forgot the people who put them there.

The irony, of course, is that Eva was the lowest of the low, the illegitimate offspring, a member of the "second family" of a married man. In Argentina in the early 20th century, this made you nearly an Untouchable. There was nothing "elite" about Eva Peron...but she managed to climb the social ladder all the same.

There's nothing stopping anyone else from attempting the same thing, and they don't need to be as promiscuous as she to do it.

But, instead, people place all their hope and trust in other people, because they think those people are better than they....and the elites certainly don't do anything to dissuade that view.

Sadly, we're heading back into that direction. "So and so will look out for us!" Except that so and so has never looked out for anyone but themselves, and never will. If you want someone to look after you and your own, the best person to do that is staring at you in the mirror.

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

21 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Maybe there is some merit to this thread... maybe not... I have to admit that I really don't care. 

So why am I here?

Because this should be the discussion... 

Why is it that so many people expect NM to be 9.8?

Last I checked NM started at 9.4 and could include 9.2.  Everyone is expecting to score 9.8's all the time and seem disappointed even when their new book straight outta Diamond comes back a 9.6. 

So in the meantime... :popcorn:

Was the OP talking about the ASM 800 1:1000 sketch variant? He ordered 10 of those!  Well i can understand why he's a bit upset if he presold them as NM or better on ebay.  his customers will probably want refunds or he may have a hard time making a profit selling his copies discounted.  However, thats no justification for the threats and beligerant behavior when seeking resolution. I guess I'm lucky they sold out and I had to wait to find my 1 NM+ copy at a decent price on the open market. I will be receiving a long awaited package from Unknown comics ordered back in April/May that includes a bundle that had to wait until the 801 copy before shipping last week.  I'll let you know what I find. I've done at least 5 orders or more from them in the past and all books were 9.6/9.8 which is what I expect newly released books to be from an online comic store where I don't have the choice in cherry picking a copy.  However, I have received notices from them and other online sellers (JSC, 7ate9) where they informed when a shipment arrived damaged and was being reordered causing a delay or where a common defect is present on most of the run. they gave me the option of cancelling the order and refund.  Neither of the LCS in my area ever gave me that option and my request for a reorder was never fulfilled for times when the entire shipment had damage.

I can attest to them resolving one comic arriving in VF- with great customer service and rapid replacement in NM/MT grade.  of course I sent them a bunch of photos as I do with any unsatisfied transaction and they accepted the return without further issues.

I suspect this huge ASM red goblin pre-order event and 800 variant cheap paper stock issue may have overwhelmed them as my shipment was already delayed 1 week. Judging by the OP and 1 other upset customer, I may be in store for some dissapointment with my order. at least that's what I'm bracing for. Regardless, my judgement of their service is going to be based on their character and how they handle a polite and civil request for resolution for any issues with my order.