• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

malpractices by Unknown Comics
1 1

111 posts in this topic

Just now, I like pie said:
46 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I've done business with Unknown on at least two occasions, and was quite satisfied with the service I received.

Same. Not many but no problems and all the raw books purchased through them have come back 9.8.

Yes, I am very, VERY pleased that the couple of times I ordered from them, they didn't send me the junk books. I pre-ordered, so the books they sent me were, for the most part, 9.8s, with just a couple of 9.6s sprinkled in. I know several outfits that cherrypick the books, then send the drek out to customers. Not them. 

17 minutes ago, Dutch74 said:

It is obvious that everything I post on this forum is subject to a series of automatic negative reactions. But I do not care and I am not surprised. After all, I am dealing here mostly with citizens of the USA, a country where facts have become irrelevant and twisting the truth has become a form of art. To those: feel free to doubt what I say and believe what Darren says. Buy comics at Unknown and see what happens. 

However, there has to be a silent majority of boardies who read these messages, compare them to other bits of information and make up their own mind. If there is just one person who becomes more careful about ordering at Unknown then this is worth it.  

Oh, and Darren. Nice try. Look in the mirror and try saying aloud: "I am NOT a liar"

Yeah, take that, you dumb Americans!

:sumo:

:tonofbricks:

18 minutes ago, Dutch74 said:

After all, I am dealing here mostly with citizens of the USA, a country where facts have become irrelevant and twisting the truth has become a form of art.

I mean, you're not wrong.  But lumping us all together and throwing shade at fellow boardies isn't exactly the way to win people over to your side of the agreement.  If anything it just lends credence to Darren04's side of the story (in particular the character image he painted of you based on your conversations).  I haven't dealt with either of you so I really can't make a judgement either way, but you could probably afford to be more tactful in your handling of it all.

"When they go low, we go..." ahhh, nevermind.

1 minute ago, ExNihilo said:
25 minutes ago, Dutch74 said:

After all, I am dealing here mostly with citizens of the USA, a country where facts have become irrelevant and twisting the truth has become a form of art.

I mean, you're not wrong.

Sure he is. This isn't new. It's just human nature. It is true everywhere, at every time, in any place where humans have been.

It happened in Greece, it happened in Rome, it happened in Sumeria, it happened in Thebes, it happens in Paris, London, Berlin, Beijing, Buenos Aires, Phnom Penh, etc. 

It's hardly unique to America in the early 21st century.

4 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Sure he is. This isn't new. It's just human nature. It is true everywhere, at every time, in any place where humans have been.

It happened in Greece, it happened in Rome, it happened in Sumeria, it happened in Thebes, it happens in Paris, London, Berlin, Beijing, Buenos Aires, Phnom Penh, etc. 

Logic sucks, you know that? There just isn't any fun in logic anymore. Now Morocco, there a comfortable illogic place. I remember this one time.......

2 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

...everybody talk about..Pop Muzik!

3 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Yeah, but one would hope that as time goes on, we as a society would expand our knowledge.  The last 30+ years has seen a dumbing down of American society that is boggling and troubling.  I know Canada and Australia and France and England have "fake" news to an extent, but its acceptance as fact seems far less than what we have seen from the American public (especially of late).  Any time someone mentions "flat earth" I just have to wonder how someone of the 21st century lacks a basic understanding of something that was known to the ancients.

2 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:
1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

while everyone loves to quote many other lines from this movie, this is one of my favorite scenes and one that rarely people mention. LOVE IT

I relate to it, for obvious reasons. ;)

6 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:
15 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Yeah, but one would hope that as time goes on, we as a society would expand our knowledge.  The last 30+ years has seen a dumbing down of American society that is boggling and troubling.  I know Canada and Australia and France and England have "fake" news to an extent, but its acceptance as fact seems far less than what we have seen from the American public (especially of late).  Any time someone mentions "flat earth" I just have to wonder how someone of the 21st century lacks a basic understanding of something that was known to the ancients.

I don't disagree with you, but I suspect that the reasons why would be hotly debated, were such debates possible on this board (they are not.) And it's been over 100 years in coming, not just the last 30.

I've seen people I think of as having "considerably above average" intellect spout the most ludicrous, backwards, utterly-opposed-to-objective-reality things...and, no doubt, they've had the same reaction to me.

When people can't agree on fundamental principles, much less the finer details, the civilization falls.When "your truth" is more important than THE truth....and, in fact, when a large section of any society maintains that there's not even any such thing as THE truth...that civilization fails. It happened in Egypt, it happened in India, it happened in China, it happened in Rome, it happened in the British Empire, it happened in France, it happened in Germany, it's happening in the US.

After all...Neal Adams believes...despite all scientific evidence to the contrary...that the earth has "expanded" over the eons. Neal Adams is not a stupid man. But that's tinfoil type stuff, as we currently understand physics, both classical and quantum.

Sadly, the only solution after the line has been passed is bloodshed. That's humanity for you. When we no longer have anything in common, there's nothing left to defend but ourselves.

10 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

while everyone loves to quote many other lines from this movie, this is one of my favorite scenes and one that rarely people mention. LOVE IT

Getting introduced as a "little friend" isn't necessarily a Scarface quote. 2c

2 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

When "your truth" is more important than THE truth....and, in fact, when a large section of any society maintains that there's not even any such thing as THE truth...that civilization fails.

Probably the truest thing I've seen on these boards.  (worship)

1 hour ago, Dutch74 said:

It is obvious that everything I post on this forum is subject to a series of automatic negative reactions. But I do not care and I am not surprised. After all, I am dealing here mostly with citizens of the USA, a country where facts have become irrelevant and twisting the truth has become a form of art. To those: feel free to doubt what I say and believe what Darren says. Buy comics at Unknown and see what happens. 

mandy.jpg

18 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

mandy.jpg:taptaptap:

Excuse me, I own that! I will thank you to move on with another point of reference to other posts you are not enamored with.

2 hours ago, Dutch74 said:

It is obvious that everything I post on this forum is subject to a series of automatic negative reactions. But I do not care and I am not surprised. After all, I am dealing here mostly with citizens of the USA, a country where facts have become irrelevant and twisting the truth has become a form of art. To those: feel free to doubt what I say and believe what Darren says. Buy comics at Unknown and see What happens.

This may have been relevant to the topic at hand if you presented any facts, rather than a bunch of abstracts...