• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Atomic Age Mid Summer Madness -- Baker, LB Cole Pedigrees etc.
5 5

123 posts in this topic

Just now, adamstrange said:

Strange Worlds 7 Aurora Copy:  The Aurora collection consisted of mostly 1950s comics found in Aurora CO.  The books usually have great colors and nice pages.  The cover is by the talented Mort Lawrence and the interior is typical of Avon sci-fi that is high on energy and GGA.  In the example panel below our heroine has her dress torn at the beginning of the story and, sadly, is unable to repair it forcing her to be immodestly attired through nearly the entire saga.  What suffering we readers must endure.

This raw VF- copy with its off-white pages and the usual shimmering gloss is just $350.

StrangeWorlds7.jpg

StrangeWorlds7bk.jpg

StrangeWorlds7p1.jpg

Take

That's all the books for this thread.

46 minutes ago, Comcav said:

take

Thanks taking True to Life Romance 22

40 minutes ago, Comcav said:

take

Thanks for taking Jumbo 113.

8 minutes ago, Comcav said:

Take

Thanks for taking Str Worlds 7.

On 7/5/2018 at 9:56 PM, Robot Man said:

Bummer...  I have heard that this is the toughest book in the run. I've had mine so long that I haven't paid much attention to it. I will keep my eye peeled for it Larry.

Thanks! It seems to be the toughest, I haven't seen another one for close to 20 years. I love the ghoulish cover, pre-code at its finest.

I'll be adding more books to the Sales Thread Friday at 4pm EST.

The following books are still available.

UnsoldJuly12.jpg

July12grp2.jpg

Big 3 #4 Larson Copy.  Little Lamont took good care of his things but his comics were eventually moved into the family barn.  Who would have thought that books stored in a Nebraska barn would be so well preserved?  This Fox comic with its deep red cover is a fantastic example of how nice these can look because the defects, two small bindery chips that have fallen off, are on the back cover.

Census:  tied for highest with one other copy.  CGC 8.0 ow/w (small amount of glue) for $4500

Big3_4.jpg

Big3_4bk.jpg

Parole Breakers #2 Aurora Copy. Yes, the Veronica Lake look-alike on this painted cover is awfully pretty, but that gun in her right hand says she has a serious side.  Well, my Mama always said you can get more with a kind word and a loaded .22 than with just a kind word alone.

Census:  sole highest.  CGC 9.0 ow/w for $2500.

ParoleBreakers2.jpg

ParoleBreakers2bk.jpg

***SOLD***

Tales of Terror Northford Copy.  Toby, the publisher of ToT, was run by Elliot Caplin.  His brother Al supposedly provided the funding from his earnings of the Lil' Abner strip that was wildly successful from the 30s - 50s.  Gene Fawcette drew the dungeon scene, replete with a lovely but unconsious young lady.  

Census:  One in 9.2.  This raw 9.0 copy with usual Northford intense colors and mirror like surface is $1250.

TalesofTerror1.jpg

TalesofTerror1bk.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

Just now, adamstrange said:

Tales of Terror Northford Copy.  Toby, the publisher of ToT, was run by Elliot Caplin.  His brother Al supposedly provided the funding from his earnings of the Lil' Abner strip that was wildly successful from the 30s - 50s.  Gene Fawcette drew the dungeon scene, replete with a lovely but unconsious young lady.  

Census:  One in 9.2.  This raw 9.0 copy with usual Northford intense colors and mirror like surface is $1250.

TalesofTerror1.jpg

TalesofTerror1bk.jpg

take

***SOLD***

Baffling 9 Spokane Copy.  This copy examplifies all the reasons why people like the Spokane pedigree:  the gloss is dripping wet, the colors intense and the pages white, white, white.  Inside is a Lou Cameron story that, while done well, doesn't reach the heights of his later art for Ace.

Census:  one in 9.4.  This raw 9.4 copy with  white page is $1400.

Baffling9.jpg

Baffling9bk.jpg

Baffling9p1.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

***SOLD***

Western Comics 47.  The cover and cover story is by DC stalwart Carmine Infantino. Census:  this is the only graded copy. It doesn't guide for much but this is very difficult book to find in decent shape. CGC 8.5 ow/w pages for $250.

Western47.jpg

Western47bk.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

Jimmy Olsen 23  Typical Jimmy Olsen silly cover and stories that hold up surprisingly well.  Census: 1 in 9.2 and 2 in 9.0.  VF/NM copy with off-white pages for $325

JimmyOlsen23.jpg

JimmyOlsen23bk.jpg