• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Atomic Age Mid Summer Madness -- Baker, LB Cole Pedigrees etc.
5 5

123 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, JohnT said:

I'll take this one.

Thanks! Gangbusters 24 sold!

***SOLD***

True to Life Romances #22.  I'm a big LB Cole fan but I find, with some exceptions, I'm not as much love with his romance covers as his other genres.  This nighttime beach scene with the two lovers enjoying the warmth of the fire, is one of those exceptions.

Census: One in 8.5, two in 8.0 1 in 7.5.  This raw 8.5 copy with cr/ow pages and some light tanning on the edges of the back cover is $900.

TrueToLifeRomance22.jpg

TrueToLifeRomance22bk.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

Just now, adamstrange said:

True to Life Romances #22.  I'm a big LB Cole fan but I find, with some exceptions, I'm not as much love with his romance covers as his other genres.  This nighttime beach scene with the two lovers enjoying the warmth of the fire, is one of those exceptions.

Census: One in 8.5, two in 8.0 1 in 7.5.  This raw 8.5 copy with cr/ow pages and some light tanning on the edges of the back cover is $900.

TrueToLifeRomance22.jpg

TrueToLifeRomance22bk.jpg

take

Black Magic 5 Spokane Copy:   Simon & Kirby started the romance boom but as that subsided they created Black Magic to hop on the pre-code horror trend.  Census:  2 in 7.5  The front cover looks brand new off the newsstand but there is a tiny, tiny chip out LL bk cover (1/8" x 1/16") so it is NM-  with whitey white pages for $1000.

BlackMagic5.jpg

BlackMagic5bk.jpg

Gangbusters #4.  Of all their GA titles, Gang Busters had the most intense interior stories as you can see in the splash by the under-rated Dan Barry.  The other example interior page is from the last story, also by Barry.  Pair those with dynamic Win Mortimer motorcycle cover and you have a winner.

Census:  One in 9.4 (Church copy).  This raw 9.4 copy with ow/w pages tight, super flat with sharp and very little to complain about.  I own the Church copy but this can be yours for $400.

Gangbusters4.jpg

Gangbusters4bc.jpg

Gangbusters4p1.jpg

Gangbusters4p2.jpg

***SOLD***

Jumbo 113:  Joe Doolin most likely provided this fetching Sheena cover but inside you also have "Sky Girl" courtesy of Matt Baker.  This copy has strong colors relative to what you usually see from Fiction House.

Census:  2 in 9.4, 1 in 9.0.  This raw 9.2 copy with ow pages is $300.

Jumbo113.jpg

Jumbo113bk.jpg

Jumbo113p1.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

Just now, adamstrange said:

Jumbo 113:  Joe Doolin most likely provided this fetching Sheena cover but inside you also have "Sky Girl" courtesy of Matt Baker.  This copy has strong colors relative to what you usually see from Fiction House.

Census:  2 in 9.4, 1 in 9.0.  This raw 9.2 copy with ow pages is $300.

Jumbo113.jpg

Jumbo113bk.jpg

Jumbo113p1.jpg

take

World's Finest #64:  Win Mortimer is the quintessential 1950s Batman cover artist for me.  The characters are cheerful and, in his best scenes, placed within a setting of properly handled deep perspective like this image of New York City.

Census: 1 in 6.5.  This is an absurdly difficult comic to find in decent shape.  This raw 6.5 copy with ow pages is $900.

WF64.jpg

WF64bk.jpg

WF64p1.jpg

WF64p2.jpg

5 minutes ago, Comcav said:

is there anything more thrilling that waiting to see what adamstrange puts up next?

It's the most fun you can have with your underwear on.

Edited by adamstrange

***SOLD***

Strange Worlds 7 Aurora Copy:  The Aurora collection consisted of mostly 1950s comics found in Aurora CO.  The books usually have great colors and nice pages.  The cover is by the talented Mort Lawrence and the interior is typical of Avon sci-fi that is high on energy and GGA.  In the example panel below our heroine has her dress torn at the beginning of the story and, sadly, is unable to repair it forcing her to be immodestly attired through nearly the entire saga.  What suffering we readers must endure.

This raw VF- copy with its off-white pages and the usual shimmering gloss is just $350.

StrangeWorlds7.jpg

StrangeWorlds7bk.jpg

StrangeWorlds7p1.jpg

Edited by adamstrange