• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quills from the Crypt
4 4

281 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Crimebuster said:

Sure thing! The art gets better as it goes I think, I learned a lot during the long process of making this issue. 

I always try to write nice messages to the postal workers. A lot of times it just seems like people are yelling at them with the notes on the packages, so I think a little niceness is more likely to get the job done.

I received a comic book once from ebay and the person had written on the envelope "Do not bend! BABY PICTURES INSIDE!!" lol

That's great lol 

Just wanted a green light from you,will share the joy tonight after supper.And thanks again.The whole thing made me smile :smile:

Here's a comic I've never quite knew what to do with-muck with the sticker?Peel it juuuuust a little?Hard to leave it alone,the temptation!

A Canadian Grape Nuts cereal give away,I've only seen one other,eccomics copy,I think with most or all of the label off.I mean,I dig the cover---

!!!!!1.jpg

6 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

Here's a comic I've never quite knew what to do with-muck with the sticker?Peel it juuuuust a little?Hard to leave it alone,the temptation!

A Canadian Grape Nuts cereal give away,I've only seen one other,eccomics copy,I think with most or all of the label off.I mean,I dig the cover---

!!!!!1.jpg

Ouch - that looks like it might be a pretty cool cover image too. But don't try to peel the sticker with anything more than a gentle pull on that upturned corner (which I'm sure you knew). While old adhesive sometimes lets go with age more often it doesn't. But depending on what sort of adhesive it is you might be able to have it removed.

21 hours ago, AJD said:

Ouch - that looks like it might be a pretty cool cover image too. But don't try to peel the sticker with anything more than a gentle pull on that upturned corner (which I'm sure you knew). While old adhesive sometimes lets go with age more often it doesn't. But depending on what sort of adhesive it is you might be able to have it removed.

Yes,I gave it a test tug and it's on there good,pasted right on there.I look at it like it's part of the comics history-I try so freaking hard to look on the bright side lol I do love the cover though-I have seen it fully.Reminds me a little of early pre-hero Action or Adventure books.If ever I did send something to someone for any sort of work-I wont press my comics,just my preference -this would be the one.

Since it's @bounty_coder 's annual super terrific sales thread time,I'll post a magazine from him that I heart very much. Doesn't get  much gorier than this classic folks!

4IuQEf1.jpg?1

On 8/21/2019 at 3:11 PM, porcupine48 said:

Quillsurect!

I think this was my fist precode horror,found before I ever got a pre hero MarvelThis one holds a special place in my heart.

!!!!!3.jpg

:banana:

Together at last!As a rule,rust on staples drives me batty.But on a comic that eluded me for so lomg,I caved!

YBQCVxG.jpg?1

Okay,enough horsing around 

VOqumkhm.jpg

:mad:

(for you,Steve)

It's been a day,let me tell you.Let us relax with the soothing purples of this beauty from the swell boardie @Readcomix Such a lovely cover,so glad I scored before everyone else decided it was too lol 

CYOSniA.jpg?1

May the Castle of Greyskull and it's friends keep us safe tonight!

Edited by porcupine48

On 9/28/2019 at 2:48 AM, porcupine48 said:

!!!!!1.jpg

I would leave the sticker on even if it could be removed easily Jim. It's part of the books history and removing it would be like taking the big yellow sticker off of a certain type of ASM #184. 

9 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I would leave the sticker on even if it could be removed easily Jim. It's part of the books history and removing it would be like taking the big yellow sticker off of a certain type of ASM #184. 

Sort of my thoughts on it too.I'm sure I could hunt down a clear image and print a copy to look at,as I DO like the cover.

4 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Sort of my thoughts on it too.I'm sure I could hunt down a clear image and print a copy to look at,as I DO like the cover.

801448214_NewDimeComics.jpg.dff8b1be04e838c277641752fc8d5126.jpg  newdime.jpg.cd04715454b2a7a1165f526e10719046.jpg

7 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

801448214_NewDimeComics.jpg.dff8b1be04e838c277641752fc8d5126.jpg

There we are,merci!

I seldom use my google-fu,it's more fun to have a conversation and bring things out that way,is it not?

Just a little comment on folks that get angry and say stuff like,look it up,duh.It's often easier to learn when you gain knowledge from interacting with another person,more pleasant and memorable.

Edit-I think mine has a bit more pizzaz with the paste on :D

Edited by porcupine48

1 minute ago, porcupine48 said:

it's more fun to have a conversation and bring things out that way,is it not?

Yup. 3 years I've been trying here Jim, largely unsuccessfully! :bigsmile:

1 minute ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Yup. 3 years I've been trying here Jim, largely unsuccessfully! :bigsmile:

Don't you sad face me Jimmers, or I'll send BF in - and you'll definitely know when he's kicked your door down :grin:

Spoiler

"Neigh!" (Translation: "Yeah, he ain't f:censored: kiddin") bf.jpg.fc5849ba33187701bed5b29c21443b76.jpg :mad:

1 minute ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Don't you sad face me Jimmers, or I'll send BF in - and you'll definitely know when he's kicked your door down :grin:

Hide contents

"Neigh!" (Translation: "Yeah, he ain't f:censored: kiddin") bf.jpg.fc5849ba33187701bed5b29c21443b76.jpg :mad:

But I wanted LADY fury for Halloween!

I hope BF (:mad:) never stops being funny to me lol