• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miracleman
5 5

919 posts in this topic

Very impressive. I'm pretty sure a couple of those are my ex-books. Or maybe I bought from him, can't quite recall. My no.12 9.9 went to the States.

Worth $14,000? I doubt it.

I decided to sell my 1-24 enhanced 9.8 largely book by book as I didn't think the market could afford to buy the whole run.

My no.12 9.9 went for £500 / $800

I reckon the no.15 9.9 would maybe hit $2,000 on it's own as the label is unique.

The Apocs are hard to get in 9.8, as is the A1 and Book 1.

It doesn't have a no.23 9.8 though... I still have the 1st and best ;)

His price tag is pretty unrealistic.

The MM #15 in 9.9 sold for $2,000 on Comiclink (which is where I'm assuming the seller picked it up). For the rest of the books, you're probably looking at $6,000 tops.

The CL one has no reserve and starts at $1. Should be interesting to watch.

But I could put a reserve on it....

It's a difficult one to call. I would as a seller as the book is untested in the market... but as I potential buyer hm

It's a revalation that Cat Yronwode just wrote any number in there - i.e. "23" just because you'd asked.

the implicatons give me a headache

That's never how I thought of it. I assumed the copies were all already signed and numbered, and per my request cat simply riffled through the pile and pulled the one I asked for.

^^

But perhaps your interpretation is correct,

smiley_nah.gif

I reckon the no.15 9.9 would maybe hit $2,000 on it's own as the label is unique.

There are two CGC 9.9's now; one went for $2,000 and one for almost $3,000

Edited by Neeidea

what is a lot more scarce than is generaly appreciated is the British version of no.1 (different back cover, indicia and advert). This wasn't distributed in America.

I believe the UK edition print run was around 1,500 copies but this is a middle figure and could be out by a few hundred either way. Quite rare compared to the international edition and maybe one to collect!

Where have you got that figure from pls? I'd really like to know this for definite.

1,500 seems on the low side considering how hyped the book was at the time. However, I know Titan imported a lot of the US versions at the time.

....."Print run on the second issue was more like 90,000. Eclipse used to tell terrible lies to make retailers overorder/panic buy! The UK run-on of #1 (with changes to the inside front cover and back cover) was only around 1,000 to 2,000 copies."

Edited by Neeidea

Here is one of my MM1 signed by Garry Leach:

photo_zps4d334010.jpg

Really nice, got mine back but they will have to go back to CGC as they all arrived with some corner damage, including one with a fair sized crack :cry: I'm sure they don't pack those smaller boxes tight enough.

what is a lot more scarce than is generaly appreciated is the British version of no.1 (different back cover, indicia and advert). This wasn't distributed in America.

I believe the UK edition print run was around 1,500 copies but this is a middle figure and could be out by a few hundred either way. Quite rare compared to the international edition and maybe one to collect!

Where have you got that figure from pls? I'd really like to know this for definite.

1,500 seems on the low side considering how hyped the book was at the time. However, I know Titan imported a lot of the US versions at the time.

....."Print run on the second issue was more like 90,000. Eclipse used to tell terrible lies to make retailers overorder/panic buy! The UK run-on of #1 (with changes to the inside front cover and back cover) was only around 1,000 to 2,000 copies."

sorry to be dim, where is that quote from? who is "an insider"

this sounds like Dez?

If this is correct then the no.1 UK is a very scarce book in comparison

pretty good guess then!

how can there SUDDENLY be 2 9.9s hm

so are there 4 now? haven't checked for a while - two no.15s, no.12 and no.17?

pretty good guess then!

how can there SUDDENLY be 2 9.9s hm

so are there 4 now? haven't checked for a while - two no.15s, no.12 and no.17?

Indeed 4 x 9.9; two are in CGC sets (the other two, your old one and the other #15 are not in sets at this moment although a couple of sets are obscured).

Edited by Neeidea

sorry to be dim, where is that quote from? who is "an insider"

this sounds like Dez?

If this is correct then the no.1 UK is a very scarce book in comparison

Not directly from Dez but someone who works with him (didn't want to publish the name as quote was from a private email).

I managed to the get to the New Cross shop before it shut down and bought a few bits and bobs, I think that included a couple of Warrior badges, some Warrior comics to plug a couple of gaps and a Daredevils #7, which I sold over a decade ago for peanuts - I think it was to Ewan (and it was minty mint).

quality.JPG

I used to love visiting London: I think I managed to visit all the comic shops in a day (and there were quite a lot back then - I'm sure I still have the old A-Z somewhere with them all marked out).

Edited by Neeidea

With a house, a wife, a job, and full time school I had to get rid of these books. The only issue I've kept is my signed/ sketched 15.

Give me a couple years to finish my degree and then I'm sure I'll be back on here trying to buy the whole Miracleman set back.