• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miracleman
5 5

919 posts in this topic

I posted a WTB request for a lower grade Miracleman 24, but so far no responses. If anyone has one that they want to sell, please PM me. I need it to complete a run of 1-24.

I am trying to get the #24 "musty odor" one on the bay ( Miracleman 24 ), but I don't know if I will win it or not. Thanks.

I never thought MM's head was detached. Isn't that his body to the left of his head as if he is at an angle? I know his head never becomes detached in the story. Has this always been referred to a a detached head cover?

His head isn't detached. Did someone say it is?

I never thought MM's head was detached. Isn't that his body to the left of his head as if he is at an angle? I know his head never becomes detached in the story. Has this always been referred to a a detached head cover?

It's what CGC used to call the cover of no.15 "detached head cover" of words to that effect

Perhaps they were thinking of Evelyn Cream who's head was indeed detached after his jungle walkies with Miracledog :o

Almost 3k for the Miracleman #15 in CGC 9.9 - did a boardie pick it up? :popcorn:

Miracleman #15 CGC 9.9

Impressive price - I predicted 2k

You may have seen my no.12 CGC 9.9 reached £500 / $789 a couple of weeks back which I was reasonably pleased with

I'm in the process of selling the rest of the set, both on ebay and privately. All have done pretty well so far (a little more than I bought them for) with exception of no.24 which only hit £130 / $200 :cry:

Down from $315 when I bought it in Sep 2009

but I guess supply now outstrips demand... unless you have 9.8 sigs or 9.9s... ;)

such is graded comics hm

The actual listing we are referring to says "detached head" and I have seen it a few other times labeled that way.

The actual listing we are referring to says "detached head" and I have seen it a few other times labeled that way.

Is that notation on the slab, or is that part of a description in a ComicLink listing? CL has been calling it a "decapitation cover" for years, for some reason

Is that notation on the slab, or is that part of a description in a ComicLink listing? CL has been calling it a "decapitation cover" for years, for some reason

That's what the CGC note says "Decapitation cover." Not "detached head," which is significantly more awesome.

That's what the CGC note says "Decapitation cover." Not "detached head," which is significantly more awesome.

I concur. In fact, that might be the most awesomest of all descriptions for that issue, "Body-head dissonance" notwithstanding

hm Now that I think of it I do recall seeing the detached head inscription on the label. It's all coming back to me now. That's certainly an interesting interpretation of Totleben's poses.

Thought you guys might like to see an update of my very slowly progressing challenge to complete a full set of ORIGINAL Warrior badges from 1982/3

It's taken me close to TEN YEARS to find six of them - but to be fair to myself, I now have a complete set of the Miracleman related ones :)

Dez says they were manufactured in huge numbers... but clearly very few were saved

Cool aren't they?

The top two are original Marvelman Club Badges from the 1950s which seem to appear more frequently than the Warrior ones!

Badge2.jpg

and the original advert...

badgeWarrior12badgesx.jpg