• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miracleman
5 5

919 posts in this topic

Is this overpriced for a book 4 hardcover?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Miracleman-Bk-3-Olympus-Alan-Moore-Hard-Cover-still-in-shrink-wrap-pristine-/171069177747?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item27d4847f93

You hardly ever see these on sale. I missed one a while back that went for $375 on ebay. Instead of hitting the $400 BIN, I sent in a best offer and the seller did not counter my offer but accepted another best offer.

Is this overpriced for a book 4 hardcover?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Miracleman-Bk-3-Olympus-Alan-Moore-Hard-Cover-still-in-shrink-wrap-pristine-/171069177747?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item27d4847f93

You hardly ever see these on sale. I missed one a while back that went for $375 on ebay. Instead of hitting the $400 BIN, I sent in a best offer and the seller did not counter my offer but accepted another best offer.

One sold in April for $545 so $750 is kind of a blah price. Maybe wait for the auction to run out and then send him an offer of $500.

I won mine on ebay from EwanUK and paid using a very rare Warrior badge!!

I think the other one on the Census is an 8.0 sketched and signed by Totleben:

Yep, that's mine. Here's a pic of it slabbed as well as some others from my collection.

MM 15 Collection

Really fantastic signed set.

Who has the top miracleman set in the registry and does the registry just go up to #16 or do I have to buy all of them to be a big dog?

I want to be number 1 and am thinking about THREE BIG purchases, but I'm not so much into the Neil Gaiman. Please Help!

Who has the top miracleman set in the registry and does the registry just go up to #16 or do I have to buy all of them to be a big dog?

I want to be number 1 and am thinking about THREE BIG purchases, but I'm not so much into the Neil Gaiman. Please Help!

Schmidty and JJ would trade you in the yard for two packs of smokes and a Kit Kat.

I bought a UK variant. Still working on the SS Alan Moore #1 but it seems possible.

Again, I don't want to collect the gaiman issues so thats whats holding me back and/or confusing me.

Do whatever you want and have a great time doing it. But your first statement was about being a Registry Big Dog, and MM is a dubious choice for that. See if they will do a Fish Police set.

I bought a UK variant. Still working on the SS Alan Moore #1 but it seems possible.

Again, I don't want to collect the gaiman issues so thats whats holding me back and/or confusing me.

Do whatever you want and have a great time doing it. But your first statement was about being a Registry Big Dog, and MM is a dubious choice for that. See if they will do a Fish Police set.

lol

JL What don't you like about the Gaiman issues?

I actually think they're a great continuation of what Moore set up.

lol

JL What don't you like about the Gaiman issues?

I actually think they're a great continuation of what Moore set up.

Indeed. #24 had a crazy cliff-hanger ending!!!

I discovered Miracleman when I went on an Alan Moore bender. I bought all the DCs stories, the Captain B Omnibus. (I was new to comics) - than, Miracleman, when I started reading it, jesus christ.

Alan Moore's run was one of the best things I've ever read. I couldn't put the books down.

not to mention, hunting down the actual books was hard and part of the enjoyment was the hunt for the issues.

I never read the Gaiman issues and I really don't care to.

PS when I saw man of steel I really felt they were ripping of Miracleman 15

I discovered Miracleman when I went on an Alan Moore bender. I bought all the DCs stories, the Captain B Omnibus. (I was new to comics) - than, Miracleman, when I started reading it, jesus christ.

Alan Moore's run was one of the best things I've ever read. I couldn't put the books down.

not to mention, hunting down the actual books was hard and part of the enjoyment was the hunt for the issues.

I never read the Gaiman issues and I really don't care to.

PS when I saw man of steel I really felt they were ripping of Miracleman 15

It's one of the best series ever. I haven't seen MOS but, from what I've heard, it does sound like it may have "borrowed" a few ideas.

Have you read Supreme Power? There are pages that are almost straight copies of MM panels.

You should check out the Gaiman stuff. It really is a cool follow up to what Moore did.

Also, if you enjoyed the hunt for the Moore books, 23 & 24 are the toughest in the entire series (excluding the Blue/Gold/2D books).

You need to buy them all and then some

Yep - a full CGC 9.8 blue label set of MM #1-24 plus the 3-D special won't even get you in the top 5.

I've not looked at the registry for ages now, expect I've dropped a few places :/ as I sold all of my MM CGCs apart from my no.1 9.8 (double cover) and my no.23 9.8 (the first). If I recall, I was top registry in 2006 and 2007 but you didn't even need every issue or in 9.8 in them old days!

I gave up and sulked :P because the endless sig series / 9.9 arms race was just honestly getting too expensive and Michael clearly had better contacts than me!

As I search MM on ebay these days, every other book seems to be a sig series! There must be tons out there!

Still, it's great to see the book still so popular and the 2D's finally made an appearance. I now collect -

1. Miracleman in fanzines - I'm still finding new stuff occassionally

2. L Miller Marvelman - I have over half the 700+ issues now - but by crikey it's hard work. Some of the issues must be as rare as 1 or 2 copies in existence

3. Warrior badges - I have all the MM ones - but the rest are impossible !

Still all good fun :)