• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miracleman
5 5

919 posts in this topic

Here's a copy:

Warrior #4 (Summer Special) 1982

Page 4 onwards

Man. That is some hardcore collecting there.

http://www.jamesonuk.com/miracleman/

(worship)

That stuff is mostly pictures trawled from the great internet ocean and I guess you know the Marvel covers don't actually exist, except in bits and bytes.

I do own a couple of those items though and I'm sure I've also eaten a sausage roll from the pasty shop (or more likely Greggs) :)

So the Marvelman stuff by Moore in Warrior #4 wasn't in the #1-24 run of Miracleman by Moore and Gaiman right or wrong? It's been a while. Gonna have to reread.

Correct: Warrior #4 contained a Marvelman story set in the future (not the same timeline as the ongoing Marvelman story) and this was not reprinted in the Eclipse Miracleman books.

The Miracleman 3D non-3D variant in CGC 9.0 just sold for $2,500 on Comiclink :applause:

Did a boardie pick it up?

I did have a cheeky bid and I was winning for a while but it went for more than twice that amount :cry:

Does anyone have it? - Chipmaker may be able to tell us (if the buyer is ok with us knowing of course :grin: )

The Miracleman 3D non-3D variant in CGC 9.0 just sold for $2,500 on Comiclink :applause:

Did a boardie pick it up?

I did have a cheeky bid and I was winning for a while but it went for more than twice that amount :cry:

Does anyone have it? - Chipmaker may be able to tell us (if the buyer is ok with us knowing of course :grin: )

That was mine, yes (#23/100), and I'm very pleased with the sale price, but I have no idea who the buyer is.

Perhaps in a month or so, when the item is delivered and the pride of ownership bursts forth, the buyer will make him/herself known. I'm a wee bit curious, but my role is ended.

Yes correct but just issues #1-6 and the 3D #1 contain the Marvelman re-prints:-

Warrior was an anthology comic and the Marvelman strips were fairly short. Marvelman ceased to be published in Warrior issue #21 after the threat of legal action from Marvel after the production of the Marvelman Special in the UK (which featured re-printed Mick Angelo 1950's stories with a short Alan Moore / Alan Davis framing story, all reprinted in Miracleman 3D #1).

Eclipse re-printed 3 or 4 Warrior Marvelman strips per Miracleman comic and the entire Warrior Marvelman run was re-printed by issue #6 of Miracleman with the appearance of Marveldog and I believe they then ran out of unpublished Marvelman material by the end of #7. Miracleman #8 was more 1950's re-prints but from Miracleman #9 the material was new and I believe Alan Moore was contracted to Eclipse directly during this time up to issue #16 when Gaiman took over writing duties.

Edited by Neeidea

Ah, someone has kindly mapped the issues out on the Comic Book DB:

Miracleman (1985) - #1 "Rebirth"; Reprints/Collects:

• Warrior (1982) #1
  • Warrior (1982) #2
  • Warrior (1982) #3

Miracleman (1985) - #2 "When Gods Cry War..."; Reprints/Collects:

• Warrior (1982) #5
  • Warrior (1982) #6
  • Warrior (1982) #7
  • Warrior (1982) #8

Miracleman (1985) - #3 "Out of the Dark"; Reprints/Collects:

• Warrior (1982) #9
  • Warrior (1982) #10
  • Warrior (1982) #11

Miracleman (1985) - #4 "Catgames"; Reprints/Collects:

• Warrior (1982) #13
  • Warrior (1982) #14
  • Warrior (1982) #15
  • Warrior (1982) #17

Miracleman (1985) - #5 "The Approaching Light"; Reprints/Collects:

• Warrior (1982) #16
  • Warrior (1982) #17
  • Warrior (1982) #18
  • Warrior (1982) #20

Miracleman (1985) - #6 "...And Every Dog Its Day!"; Reprints/Collects:

• Warrior (1982) #12
  • Warrior (1982) #21

Miracleman 3-D (1985) - #1; Reprints/Collects:

• Marvelman Special (1984) #1

Edited by Neeidea

I won mine on ebay from EwanUK and paid using a very rare Warrior badge!!

I think the other one on the Census is an 8.0 sketched and signed by Totleben:

Picture courtesy of Mr Henn (from the JOHN TOTLEBEN s/s OP #2 thread):-

IMG_6842.jpg

I won mine on ebay from EwanUK and paid using a very rare Warrior badge!!

Wow! :) very pleased for you to have got a 9.8 from it! never occured to me to get them graded. Looks great - though you'd have thought they could've added some description to the label!

I've never been able to determine when Eclipse Extra finished. Anyone?

The Warrior badges have dried up... so difficult to find...

Yeah really pleased with it but it was in fantastic condition already when I bought it from you so no real surprise with the grade. It is lacking description: the label should mention Miracleman #15 and, at the very least, the John Totleben cover art.

No idea when Eclipse Extra finished: Mile High lists up to #46, comicspriceguide.com list up to #55 but mycomicshop.com lists up to #76. Looking at auctions, #55 was the largest number I could find.

(shrug)

Update: comiccollectorlive.com lists it as 1985-1991 (76 Issues) but not sure how reliable that is.

Edited by Neeidea