• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miracleman
5 5

919 posts in this topic

No new Gaiman material until 2016. :cry:

What!? Now what's going on?

They're reprinting the entire run, which presumably includes #8 (which had no new material). That gives them 24 issues worth to get through before new stuff. I did see that 2 issues were solicited for January, so maybe they'll get there faster. The linked article also offers 2016 as the start date for new stuff, but he also says that might be post-Gaiman and Buckingham.

Let's say for example that we were looking at some time in 2016 as a possible date for the continuation of MM's stories beyond Neil and Bucky.

I'm not sure how many more issues of The Silver Age and The Dark Age were originally intended and how many of those the guys still want to tell. Both gentlemen are at different places in their careers and lives now, and may not have the same creative vision they were working on in 1993.

Issue #8 won't be reprinted, as there is no new material there. And it is true they are doing two issues in January just to launch, but then it goes monthly. I have 14 covers and pages from the original run that I let Marvel scan for the re-release. So, all this information comes straight from the editors.

Best,

If no issue no.8, will no.9 take its place?

I would've thought it's imperiative to maintain the original numbering as it's part of the folklore - i.e. the big deal about Marvelmiracleman no.15?

not only that, but the biggest seller no.25?

No new Gaiman material until 2016. :cry:

What!? Now what's going on?

They're reprinting the entire run, which presumably includes #8 (which had no new material). That gives them 24 issues worth to get through before new stuff. I did see that 2 issues were solicited for January, so maybe they'll get there faster. The linked article also offers 2016 as the start date for new stuff, but he also says that might be post-Gaiman and Buckingham.

Let's say for example that we were looking at some time in 2016 as a possible date for the continuation of MM's stories beyond Neil and Bucky.

I'm not sure how many more issues of The Silver Age and The Dark Age were originally intended and how many of those the guys still want to tell. Both gentlemen are at different places in their careers and lives now, and may not have the same creative vision they were working on in 1993.

Issue #8 won't be reprinted, as there is no new material there. And it is true they are doing two issues in January just to launch, but then it goes monthly. I have 14 covers and pages from the original run that I let Marvel scan for the re-release. So, all this information comes straight from the editors.

Best,

If no issue no.8, will no.9 take its place?

I would've thought it's imperiative to maintain the original numbering as it's part of the folklore - i.e. the big deal about Marvelmiracleman no.15?

not only that, but the biggest seller no.25?

Good question. I'll ask the editor.

I would think the same. Maybe they will pad out the series to ensure they reach the magic numbers and maybe reprint Miracleman #1 3D as #8 as that does have an overall Moore narrative "Saturday Morning Pictures" (but does reprint non-Moore material around it). There is also the "Yesterday Gambit" story from Warrior #4/Summer Special so that could maybe make an appearance as well.

I would think the same. Maybe they will pad out the series to ensure they reach the magic numbers and maybe reprint Miracleman #1 3D as #8 as that does have an overall Moore narrative "Saturday Morning Pictures" (but does reprint non-Moore material around it). There is also the "Yesterday Gambit" story from Warrior #4/Summer Special so that could maybe make an appearance as well.

OK, from Cory Sedlmeier, the editor working on this project:

"Earlier issues will have some variance between Eclipse's numbering and ours. We're including the three Warpsmith solo stories and Warrior #4 so our breaks aren't going to be exactly the same. By the time we get to issue #9 they will line up with the Eclipse numbering and be the same from there on."

Hope that helps.

So is Warrior Magazine Summer Special really Warrior Magazine Issue 4?

HELP

Here you go Alex :foryou:

4. cover: Steve Dillon (Aug. 1982)

1) Marvelman: The Yesterday Gambit [Alan Moore/Steve Dillon, Paul Neary & Alan Davis] 10p

2) The Spiral Path: The Dark Dreamer! [steve Parkhouse] 4p

3) V For Vendetta: Vaudeville [Alan Moore/David Lloyd] 7p

4) Madman, part 3 [Paul Neary] 6p

5) Father Shandor, Demon Stalker: City Of The Tombs [steve Moore/David Jackson] 6p

6) Golden Amazon [David Lloyd] 7p from the stories by John Russell Fearn

7) Laser Eraser And Pressbutton [steve Moore/David Jackson] 5p [last page on inside back cover]

The cover serves as a showcase both for current and future strips, featuring Marvelman, V, Caed from ‘The Spiral Path’, Warpsmith, Big Ben, Laser Eraser, Pressbutton & a samurai warrior. Much of the contents of this issue were originally intended for a Warrior Summer Special {including the cover}, where the intent was to present the characters from the regular Warrior series in one-off stories while their serials continued in Warrior. That idea was abandoned at the last minute and the one-off stories were spread out over a period of time in the regular issues. The title page still lists this as the Summer Special 1982 although it should be considered the Aug. issue. The ‘Marvelman’ story was not a part of the ongoing serial {at least not yet} but a summer special story designed as a tryout for potential artists to replace Garry Leach. Dillon didn’t seem really comfortable with the superhero format, Neary’s art was a bit cartoony and perhaps gave Marvelman too much of the Uber-Man appearance, while Davis’ art seemed a bit more on target {although it’s rather crude by Davis’ later standards}. The Warpsmiths debut in this time travel story that previewed future Marvelman developments. The story itself has never been reprinted, making this issue one of the more valuable of the Warrior run. Both the ‘Golden Amazon’ adaptation and the tale of Axel Pressbutton’s first meeting with Mysta Mystralis were originally intended for the summer special as well. Future comic writer Warren Ellis sends in a letter complementing both Alan & Steve Moore’s efforts in #1.

OK, from Cory Sedlmeier, the editor working on this project:

"Earlier issues will have some variance between Eclipse's numbering and ours. We're including the three Warpsmith solo stories and Warrior #4 so our breaks aren't going to be exactly the same. By the time we get to issue #9 they will line up with the Eclipse numbering and be the same from there on."

Hope that helps.

thanks Hari - that's interesting to know

If Cory wants any rare fanzine content to publish as pin-ups etc happy to help

Perhaps the cover of Fantasy Express no.5 (or maybe not ;) )

Reprinting the Warpsmiths (assume Cold War Cold Warrior Parts 1 & 2 and Ghostdance from A1) shows they must have got Garry Leach on-side. Does Marvel now "own" Warpsmith?

Any plans for Apocrypha?

Picked this up at a sale the other day, 5 bucks for the box. Too bad it's not full of 15s

photo2_zpsd76db26b.jpg

Nice...any 2-D copies :) ?

I guess not but maybe there's a 9.9 or 10.0 in there somewhere? [/quote

I doubt there are any 2ds, Going through them today though

Hmmm something fishy here:

Exhibit #1

Exhibit #2

Both #128/400, at least one must be a forgery...

indeed, the PGX one looks like a forgery - the certificate certainly

note how the 128/400 is not seen on the Moore-signed page

I think there are other copies out there too

+1

The numbering looks wrong and the paper color is off too. PGX :doh:

Here's my list of Golds that have been up for sale:

CGC 9.0 (123/400) #0714931001

CGC 9.2 (191/400) #1006822003

CGC 9.4 (90/400) #0759595004

CGC 9.4 (242/400) #1035897001

CGC 9.4 (359/400) #0747447001

CGC 9.4 (385/400) #0214635002